So....talk about.....CANCER SUPPORT THREAD !!

hugs.gif

Try to keep thinking positive everyone. It is not easy. And I am terrified.
hmm.png

.I'm in a funk! and haven't figured out how to climb out of it yet or if I even want to. I really could snuggle nack in my chair and vegg the world away,

.But that's not me. Where do we go from here?
I think this feeling could be normal for what you have been through. You have put up such a fight that your mind and body is taking a vacation. (kind of like the day after Christmas feeling only more serious) It is possible that this is needed down time to figure out what you really want to do with your life now. I am so honored to know you and your fighting spirit. Now it is time to do the things that you want to do......not what you have to do. I have no doubt that after you have some time to regroup that you will discover what it is that is important to you and you will go for it!!!!!

Now, tell me how those wonderful doggies of yours are doing? They must be confused with mama in a slump and feeling like they are letting you down..

I don't have time to read this whole thread, but I know what you all are feeling, I just had an uncle pass away from cancer
hugs.gif

And stay positive, people do survive all the time!

Just a tip - there are much better cures than chemo, and eating right is crucial. Good luck to you all, and I wish that everyone here with cancer, or with a loved one with cancer, gets the good outcome.

I am sorry to have been away for awhile. My dad's been sick and there's other heavy stuff and time vaporized. Always sending good wishes to all the good hearts here though, and their good-hearted loved ones too..for healing of cancers. And of course, my heartfelt condolences for the losses some of you have shared. Cindi, I'm glad I 'see you' on FB all the time and send hugs. Ginny, I just saw your post about your husband. Do you have more info now? How is he doing? Hope everything will be alright. Thinking of you. JJ in NJ

Last edited:
DH starts chemo AND radiation on July 16. Three rounds of chemo (depending on how he handles it) radiation for 30 days or so. It's a pretty big tumor and the ENT Doc said less than 50% chance of survival.

Then we had an appt at the onc/rad Doc and he said 60 to 70 percent chance. And his PET scan showed only his right lymph node is affected. So that bit of news lifted our spirits up a bit. I feel like crap today, I think I know what you're feeling Cindi, this sh*t keeps on happening.....you get a little break then something else happens.
hmm.png
You get TIRED of it. But then you get a nice day and treat it as a gift........where's that nice day??

I clean the trach & change his inner cannula (tube) everyday and also clean around his G tube. He coughs up a lot of icky stuff.......He's going through this pretty well. Maybe he learned about having a good attitude from my experience, because attitude is really going to be the anchor here. Ironically I'm the one with the problem of stress and anxiety whereas he's holding up better then me. The hard part is not showing my anxiety and frustration in front of him, I have to go somewhere in the woods or some kind of nature place and walk it off. Or drum & didge with my friends at the drum circles.......but I can't always get there. This too shall soon pass.

I am sorry to have been away for awhile. My dad's been sick and there's other heavy stuff and time vaporized. Always sending good wishes to all the good hearts here though, and their good-hearted loved ones too..for healing of cancers. And of course, my heartfelt condolences for the losses some of you have shared. Cindi, I'm glad I 'see you' on FB all the time and send hugs. Ginny, I just saw your post about your husband. Do you have more info now? How is he doing? Hope everything will be alright. Thinking of you. JJ in NJ

Glad to see your post JJ - I'm sorry about your Dad and the heavy stuff....thinking of all you guys......

My heartfelt condolences-I've lost family members due to cancer,& my sister & I have both been through it for ourselves. Many friends are or have dealt with it. It really seems to be getting more prevalent in our society, doesn't it? My wish is for better pain relief & the doctors not being afraid to prescribe it-who cares about addiction when time alive is short?

Back
Top Bottom