So....talk about.....CANCER SUPPORT THREAD !!

Lunachick

Chicken Slave
12 Years
Mar 19, 2007
Brick, NJ
This has been a very bad month for our family. Not only was my brother diagnosed with renal cancer (he's being treated & has surgery to remove the bad thing in his kidney/or the whole kidney) on the 18th. I just found out today that I have the dreaded stuff in my uterus. Uterine cancer. There, I said it. They think they caught it in time and I "just" need to have a hysterectomy.
sad.png
I never had a surgery in my life. Anyone out there with this experience? What should I expect? *surgery wise that is* I will not google it until I hear from you guys first.

Please be straight with me on your info, I won't appreciate the mushy stuff until I need it.

Last edited:
One thing to keep in mind is sugars FEED most cancer cells. Also insulin growth factors can fuel cancer cell growth. Cutting excess carbohydrates out of your diet is not a guaranteed cure or anything, but it can help make sure you aren't making things worse.

I am just glad they caught it before it spread. Best of luck
hugs.gif

I'm totally anti carb. And I've been very good about that for years. I just have those "extra" lbs hanging on me because of menopause. When I say extra, I mean about 10/12 lbs I should get rid of. That's really not a whole lot.

But you know what? You could be a real diehard fan of all kinds of "healthy ways of eating" and you might just get that dreaded diagnosis anyway. You try to be good, but...hey....there it is.

I have only had one surgery-when I was 4 months pregnant with my 3-year-old I had my gallbladder removed. It was not as bad as I expected. I just wanted to tell you that I will be praying for you, and I hope you recover quickly and the cancer stays gone.
hugs.gif

Thank you Keywestchick~ I have no idea what to expect until I talk with the surgeon, and he's on vacation until next week. I'm trying to prep myself.......but I'd rather hear from BYC people's experience more than just anyone's

Bless your heart Luna. I am going to say a special prayer for you tonight(you and your brother).
hugs.gif

Sometimes reading about these types of things on the internet just scares the peas and carrots out of you. If you have questions, write them down and go straight to the source, your doctor.
We are all here to support you if you need us!
Sheila

You could be a real diehard fan of all kinds of "healthy ways of eating" and you might just get that dreaded diagnosis anyway.

Oh yeah, that's for sure (darn heredity!). Just glad you aren't making your odds worse.

I have several friend who have had hysterectomies. Not a single one says she wishes she hadn't done it. 2 of them said they would have had them years earlier if they only would have known how much trouble it was causing.​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom