So....talk about.....CANCER SUPPORT THREAD !!

Quote:
ME??!!! Ok on occassion, you my dear are the Queen of Warped and Demented!!

I don't know ya'll. I used to know who I was, now I'm just kind of lost. Not sure if I'm coming or going, just trying to keep my head above water. No worries, I'll get it all figured out. Everything just kind of reached a peak the other day when I had a mini meltdown.

I take Gabapentin/Neurotin for my neuropathy. It can have a depressive effect on the body. That on top of S.A.D., which I do take happy drugs for, sometimes I just want to crawl up in the bed and stay their. If it's dreary, forget it. Everything hurts more and the drugs don't seem to work. As someone suggested (fried brain, can't remember who), I do take Vitamin D. 4000 units daily plus a mini of 15 min of sun exposure without sunscreen (it's the only way to convert the Vit D into a useable form in the body. sunscreen actually blocks the conversion) Many people, especially women, have Vit D deficency. Low D has been linked to depression, obesity, breast cancer and several other diseases. I'm also on Oxycontin every 4 hours. It helps, but makes you feel like there is something crawling all over your skin. "The Junkie Itch", heroine addicts have the itch.

I'm going to talk to my Onc in January. I've been doing some research on the marinol. There is some information out there about it's effect on neropathy pain. It's not been approved yet, but I think I can get it on the grounds that I've got to take Previcid (daily) when it's only usually only prescribed for a month tops. Otherwise I end up with a very upset stomach. Plus lack of appetite. No idea why I have high sugar and a fat butt, I don't eat. I actually get hungry maybe once a day, but I HAVE to eat several times a day or my blood sugar numbers crash. I force myself to eat a poptart or a bowl of cereal. The marinol will help with that as well. I have partaken in the natural alternative, but my supply has been shut off and the smoke does a number on my asthma. I want to use the marinol and loose the Gabapentin (or take a MUCH lower dose) loose the Zanaflex, Previcid, Prestique. I may be able to get rid of the blood pressure and sleep meds too. I've got to keep the asthma meds. I hope to keep the Oxi too, for those days that are bad.

I thank you all for your kinds words, I'm good really. Lurchie and I are still in the house for now. We are waiting for our Bankrupcy trustee to give us the date, don't want to rush him!!

We have been spending the last couple weeks rounding up toys for the kids that come to the Pet Food Bank that we volunteer with. Here's a link to some of the pics from today. Can't wait to see pics of the kids opening their presents. https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Grettas-Wish-Pet-Food-Bank/126508297431743

Everybody
have a wonderful holiday in whatever shape or form you celebrate it in.

Cm, except for the cancer, we have too much in common.
I notice we are both up too late. The hernia would not let me sleep. I needed to sit up.
I have decided that I need to cut out the gabapentin, I still have the headaches anyway, but I could do without the weight gain and depression. I have gained five pounds without trying when the doc insisted I up my dosage.
I hate to go against his orders, but I do not see any benefit. I have decided that I am going to walk my woes away.
I am getting a can of pepper spray and take a my dogs for walks. LOONG walks. No matter how awful I feel, I know it will be better for me in the long run. I can be in pain and sit, or be in pain and be active.
And it has to make the troubles better.
I hate the asthma. It seems to pick funny and inappropriate times to hit. maybe I should take the inhaler along with the pepper spray and dogs. and a cell phone. and a back pack to keep it all in... heck, I might as well drive.
hmm.png

Last edited:
Guys those of you that pray, give my niece a few moments of prayer. In her mothers family everyone but her mother has died of cancer already. Her mom already has had cancer twice. My niece got tested and it showed she carried the gene. Not only that but she already has breast cancer. They found it when doing her surgery to remove her both breasts to prevent her from getting breast cancer. She has one teenager and a baby. She is in the hospital now again. They were trying to do her reconstructive surgery and she started bleeding excessively and they had a hard time stopping it. The surgery was suspended. The doctor ordered tests but says he is going to go ahead and do the surgery Monday again. Please pray for her safety and health. The kids need her around badly. Her husband is an abuser and she is so fearful something will happen to her and they would go to him unprotected. We are about to drive up and go see her now. If you can just pray or send positive thoughts. Her Name is Amanda and she is 33.

I wanted to wish each and every one of you a very special Christmas! I love you all and you will be with me in my thoughts and prayers this holiday season. This will be my first Christmas without my mother and it is going to be a monumental task just to cope and get through it. Love one another and treasure each and every second for they are most precious!

Luke chapter 2
For there is born unto you this day in city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord! And this shall be a sign unto you: You will find the Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger.

Glory to God in the highest,
Peace on earth, goodwill toward men!

Merry Christmas!!!!!!! Go enjoy your loved ones and tell them how much they mean to you!

Quote:
That is one of my most favorite verses! Thanks for posting that!
Merry Christmas!!!!
And I am sorry about your mom! I will pray for strength and peace of heart for you!
Mine has been gone for almost 30 yrs and I still miss her.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Happy Kwanza, Blessed Yule and Solstice!!! No matter how you chose to celebrate may you receive that which leaves a lasting light upon your heart. May the New Year bring peace and comfort to all.

Ok, all the happy formalities are out of the way, What did Santa bring you??!!
626gdau.gif
Laie_15.gif

Belated Merry Christmas and Happy Solstice, peeps! Wishing you all joy and peace this season.

I had a tough holiday in some ways-- I had to work Christmas Eve, and I am a hospice nurse, and I had a patient with the same kind of cancer my father has but much more advanced. My hospital has been really good about not making me take myeloma patients if possible, but with the holiday and staffing it just wasn't possible to shift my assignment. So that was pretty awful. I try really hard not to anticipate things with Dad, so it's upsetting to see what the disease has done to somebody else's father.

Christmas Day was wonderful, though, just my own family and a nice, quiet, family day. And I got barn coveralls!
smile.png

HeatherLynn, I'm so sorry to hear about your niece and will certainly pray for her and her family. All hospitals have social workers, and if her husband is abusive they can help with arrangements to keep the children safe. The sooner they get involved, the more time they will have to assess the situation and make a plan. The SWs at my place are phenomenal, and they understand the delicacy of dealing with the abuser as well-- they don't barge in with accusations, they approach everyone in a very safe manner. We've seen this too, sadly. Good luck.

Everybody around here is recovering from the holidays. Lots of napping happening.

Bookend, er, ah, Butt-ends! Katie & Icee sharing the loveseat. This is actually a first. Katie isn't comfortable with someone close to her while she is sleeping. We think she may have been attacked while in rescue. Being deaf, she can't hear if anyone is approaching her and reacts but only to other animals, not people. She is getting much better though.

1659_bookends_122811.jpg

The oldest and the youngest. FatBoy, his real name is Mask, but he used to weigh over 20lbs until we switched to grain-free food. Now hes's a lean powder puff! He's 15 years young. The light brown on the top of his head and neck used to be much darker. We call it his "bald spot". It's really lightened up in the last 2 years right in the area where a guy would loose his hair. Ingles, aka Pringles, Pingles. He's about 10 months old. He was found in the parking lot of an Ingles Supermarket when he was nearly run over. He's my rotten ornery little boy. If you try to remove him from doing something that he shouldn't be, he kicks his feet and meow, "NOOOO NOOO NOO!" He also plays fetch with crinkly mylar balls. Ingles has learned not to pick on the FatBoy. He tried to wrestle with him one day and FatBoy whooped up on they young whipper snapper!

1659_122711.jpg

The other 3 are in hiding some place.

What's everybody up to??

Back
Top Bottom