SO UNEXPECTED!!! *UPDATE* PICS

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Fancy Feather Poultry, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    I found 4 little cute eggs in my nest boxes today!, I was especially surprised that they actually layed in the nest boxes! oh boy I yepled like a little 1st grade when I saw them sitting there instead of my first "egg" its my first "eggs" lol, now to find the culprits!

I will take pictures of them later becuase I dont have my camera on me, the best I can do is take my dads camera and upload them, but hes busy talking to someone and when hes talking he talk for DAYS!!! He blames it one him being a business man lol

ANYWAYS IM JUST SO HAPPY!!!

[​IMG]

Here they all are

[​IMG]

This the one from my Naked Neck

[​IMG]

I think these ones are from my duck because it looks like the color scratches off and, there not like the chicken eggs.

[​IMG]

These two I dont know because one is a pink color and the other brown.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2007
  2. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Yeah for you!! That is totally exciting!

3. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Congratulations! You sure are lucky to get four instead of just one. [​IMG]

4. Fancy Feather Poultry

May 30, 2007
    Oh, and I fogot to tell y'all all of my girls are only 18 weeks except one my BO shes 20 weeks

5. Fancy Feather Poultry

May 30, 2007
    Okay I just went outside to check on my chickens and my little naked neck which I would have never expected squatted, and then proceeded to run like somone whos gotta pee real bad into the chicken house and squated somemore, So I made sure no one would go in the house so she had some privacy, well 4 minutes later she runs out, and I look into the house, and VIOLA! there is anouther egg!

So I know my naked neck is laying

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2007
  6. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    OK... you can hush now...you are making some of us JEALOUS! [​IMG]

Naw - congrats on your eggs! [​IMG]

8. rosyposyosy

rosyposyosy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    18 weeks? :mad:
    Only one of my chickens is laying, she will be broody really soon (She takes longer in the nesting box every time). She is 9 months old. My EE just stopped laying, she is 7.5 months old. And then, my BR, 23 weeks old, has been squating for a month, but her comb isn't red OR big.
    [​IMG]

But.... congrats! And be sure to post pics, I want to see what your naked neck looks like.

9. Fancy Feather Poultry

May 30, 2007
    bump

10. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    Congratulations. Gives me hope! My Polish girls are 18 weeks old so I'll keep my fingers crossed that they lay within a week or two....but I love em, they can take even longer if that's what they want. Spoiled little brats. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by