So we wrapped it in bacon and cooked it - but I got a question....

MicroFarmMom

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 2, 2011
It tasted great but I have to ask - how many of you eat them? Cause that was a lot of work for very little pay off. Flavor was nice - but I think I needed 6 per person! LOL! Also - any other ideas for cooking them besides the way we did? We stuffed them too which was nice. But just wasnt filling by any means.

Last edited:
Two per person should be plenty, did you pluck them or skin them? If you know how to do it right it doesn't take all that long. I can do them pretty quickly. To cook them I use some poultry rub and on the grill they go.
smile.png

We started out plucking to keep the skin on - but didn't realize how darned thin the skin is and tore it - from there we gave up and just skinned them.

How old were your birds? Are they jumbos? 2 grown jumbos with fix'ins and I'm good to go. And I am a rather "rotund" gentleman...
lau.gif

They are 8wk Jumbo Cortunix. But I guess I want more because Im predominantly a meat eater. I really could do without having any sides - but it just looks wrong to only pile meat on my plate! LOL!

Bummer, my phone won't show the pic. I'm a vegetablarian, so I don't eat meat (okay, ill go for a fat steak anyday...but steak everyday isn't in my budget.

Back
Top Bottom