So we wrapped it in bacon and cooked it - but I got a question....

Discussion in 'Quail' started by MicroFarmMom, Mar 1, 2011.

1. MicroFarmMom

MicroFarmMom In the Brooder

Feb 2, 2011
    It tasted great but I have to ask - how many of you eat them? Cause that was a lot of work for very little pay off. Flavor was nice - but I think I needed 6 per person! LOL! Also - any other ideas for cooking them besides the way we did? We stuffed them too which was nice. But just wasnt filling by any means.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  2. Robo

Robo Songster

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    Two per person should be plenty, did you pluck them or skin them? If you know how to do it right it doesn't take all that long. I can do them pretty quickly. To cook them I use some poultry rub and on the grill they go.[​IMG]

3. MicroFarmMom

Feb 2, 2011
    We started out plucking to keep the skin on - but didn't realize how darned thin the skin is and tore it - from there we gave up and just skinned them.

4. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Crowing

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    How old were your birds? Are they jumbos? 2 grown jumbos with fix'ins and I'm good to go. And I am a rather "rotund" gentleman... [​IMG]

5. CluckyJay

CluckyJay Songster

Feb 23, 2011
    Crossville, Tennessee
    That looks really delicious.

6. MicroFarmMom

Feb 2, 2011
    They are 8wk Jumbo Cortunix. But I guess I want more because Im predominantly a meat eater. I really could do without having any sides - but it just looks wrong to only pile meat on my plate! LOL!

7. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Crowing

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    I can't be mad at ya... If it's good, I'm done when it's gone!!!

8. NoSkiveez

NoSkiveez NoSkiveez Poultry

Dec 27, 2009
    Casa Grande
    My Coop
    Bummer, my phone won't show the pic. I'm a vegetablarian, so I don't eat meat (okay, ill go for a fat steak anyday...but steak everyday isn't in my budget.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: