1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

So what happens to the egg money?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by chrissieg, May 22, 2007.

1. chrissieg

chrissieg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mine goes into a duck money box, supposedly to buy their food etc. There have been times they have been better off than me!

When I was out of work I told people I was a 'kept woman' [​IMG] - then explained it was by my chickens! [​IMG]

2. Gracefulspice

Gracefulspice Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Pa
    I sell 1 dozen for $1.00. My 4 year old helps feed and clean our hens. In return they lay her eggs to sell for her piggy bank. With 6 hens that's about 2 dozen a week. I estimate $104. per year. Till the laying slows down I guess. I know it's not much, but it's a great lesson for her.

3. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Usually I just give the eggs away to friends.
    The few times I do "sell" eggs, however, I call it a $3.00 donation to the Chicken Retirement Fund. That way, I don't have to deal with whatever the tax situation may be, or whatever the rules are for selling produce from home. Things are getting stricter in Vermont and I have no time to keep up on the regulations!

4. Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Rafter 7 Paint Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    East Texas
    My chickens bought me a new wagon to pull around so I can FEED them easier.

And buy more chicken feed!!!!

Jean

Last edited: May 22, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by