So what is the poop on soy in chicken feed?

Quote:
You may have sent the wrong link, but I saw nothing on that page that soy infant formula was not allowed in the U.S. or Canada.

I did read some where on the web that they where going to try to put a stop to soy formula but I don't think that even got started.

Chris

Sorry rushing off to work and got my "bad" foods mixed up. It is canola oil that is banned from infant formula.

I had read about stopping soy in baby food awhile back as well, but I think the crop producers put pressure on the Food Regulators.

If you want the real "poop" on Soy, google "FDA Scientists Against Soy". Read the FDA Scientists letter about the dangers of soy.
Yes a very interesting article.

It is the pesticide Atrazine that is sprayed on Soy (GMO or not) is one big thing that makes it bad for people. Very bad.
Of course organic soy would not be as bad other than the Isoflavones.

The more info I am sent to read about food and what is happening to it, the more I don't want to know. It is a loosing battle. I try to grow as much as my own food as possible.
It is increasing hard to find food without soy (in one form or another) in it. Even meat has it, indirectly.

Also,
Soybean meal is the product remaining after extracting most of the oil from whole soybeans. The oil may be removed by solvent extraction or by an expeller process in which the beans are heated and squeezed.

Most soybean meal is made by solvent extract.

Quote:
Not to get off topic, but are you sure about the formula? Both my daughters couldn't have milked based baby formula when they were little, and were fed soy formula instead. It wasn't that long ago. lol

I don't think it has been banned yet, but a lot of research shows soy baby formula is a bad idea because soy contains a botanical form of estrogen. Studies found that feeding soy formula resulted in quite a lot of cases of female children going into puberty very young--5-6 years old even, and young boys that were effeminate because of having so much estrogen in them. Good reason for them to drink the real thing, I'd think.
smile.png

The biggest issue most people have with soy in animal feed is that the soy is almost always genetically modified. You can get around that by buying organic, but that's pretty expensive to do. Of course, a non-soy diet can be expensive and hard to get in many places too...

Back
Top Bottom