So, what is your job?

My grandmothers father was in the navy, I forget his title, but basically he was a janitor, he cleaned the ships while at sea.

Myself and my hubby are Mr. & Mrs. FixIt at a small equestrian center, primary discipline is Hunter/Jumper but all are welcome. Its a boarding and training facility and our "barn team" occasionally shows in Ocala or Tampa.

Hubby and I do not ride horses, simple because we do not have the time, as we are too busy maintaining the property. I also feel I must say that, in my opinion, I have more respect for every horse as an individual than a lot of the "horse people" that I have crossed. I prefer to talk to them, and work with them, face to face, as equals. There are too many folks who just tack up, work the snot out of their horses and just stick them back in their stall. Not even a thanks for letting me ride you, have a nice day
I agree! I am disappointed in the lack of building relationships with horses, when being taught to ride. Guess one has to buy their own horse in able to do that. I feel sorry for a lot of these horses that are worked physically, mentally, but not emotionally. I started to hate riding lessons because of this. I quit after 3 months. Maybe if I stuck it out, I could have formed a bond with a horse. Who knows? Teachers made it difficult though.

Pharmacy Technician
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom