so who ELSE has a three legged rodent? xD

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Ducklove334, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    I am uber bored, and anyhoo.

we...well, my fiances sister has (now has, she used to have four legs) a three legged hamster [​IMG]

this is the story(as happens rather consistantly around this house,it seems cats and rodents DO NOT under ANY circumstances get along) my fiances sister had just gotten a new female hamster,all was fine for about a week, then one evening, somehow the hamster got out of her cage, and one of our cats found it, they(being my fiances mom and sister) found the hamster wrapped in the phone cord withe the cat pulling on her, she had what seemed like a busted eye, and a broken front leg, her eye was/is fine, but her leg WAS broken. unable to take the hamster to the vet without paying a rediculusly high price just to have her put down, we let her be, she was shocky for a few days, but soon she seemed fine.anyhow today she is a healthy hamster...with three legs, her broken leg either rotted off her body (ew [​IMG]) or she ate it off O_O

does any one else have any three legged roooodents?? xD

2. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    My guess is she ate it off. Mine would do weird things like that. I had a Dwarf Hamster who's back legs didn't work but she still ran like crazy on her wheel [​IMG] it was hilarious to watch her. I used to have mama hamsters put their babies in their mouth pouches to move them and they wouldn't get them out in time and they would suffocate. I would sit there all day waiting to squeeze the babies out so they wouldn't die. Hamsters are just weird little creatures.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by