*SOBS* My Poor Gabby

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by PineBurrowPeeps, Jun 9, 2008.

1. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

My poor little female Khaki Cambell duckling just died. I have no idea what from but she had blood in her little mouth. I am so devestated. I loved that baby duck so much, she was fast becoming my best bud.
    I don't know if one of my older kids was holding her and something happened and now they covering it up or what. I'm trying to find out.
    All I can do it cry. She was my only duckling in this bunch, all the others are already 8 weeks old.

If I find out that one of my kids is lying to me [​IMG] [​IMG]

My poor baby Gabby [​IMG]

2. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

I am so sorry to hear that :aww Poor Baby.
    [​IMG]

3. bionic_chicken

bionic_chicken Songster

Apr 2, 2008
    Spring, TX
    I'm so, so sorry. Lots of losses today on BYC. Not a good day. Bless your little baby's heart. And I'm sorry for your broken heart, too. :aww

4. Dodgegal79

Dodgegal79 Songster

Dec 1, 2007
    Princeton BC Canada
    Oh I'm so sorry, I hate lossing little ducks too, they are so sweet and innocent. Using blood in the mouth indicates head trama. I hope it's not the kids, she may have gotten stuck on her and struggled alot. i had one do that and it broke its back, I had to put him down.

5. Dinos_rock

Dinos_rock Songster

Jul 1, 2007
    Arizona
    :aww I am so sorry. It is never easy when a pet dies. [​IMG]

6. antiquebuff

antiquebuff Songster

Feb 27, 2008
    Franklin, NC
    I am so sorry, I have a Silkie I am just crazy over and I would be the same way if something should happen to her![​IMG]

7. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Songster

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    I am so sorry for your loss. I know how it feels i lost my baby Tessa and it hurt like h. [​IMG] Remember the good times with her while she was with you and know you gave her the best life possible. Keep your chin up. She is in a much better place.

8. Shrader

Shrader Songster

Apr 7, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Poor Gabby!
    I understand, we get so attached to these little puff balls!
    It's so sad to lose one.
    Keep us updated on the mystery of how she died.

9. debakadeb

debakadeb Songster

Apr 8, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I'm so sorry to hear about Gabby. It is difficult to lose a pet.

10. Sparrow

Sparrow Songster

Apr 11, 2008
    I'm very sorry that your li ttle friend passed away. I have a runty Khaki Campbell named Petal, she is only 1 week old. I worry about her all the time, and I know I will be devastated if something happens to her.

I believe that your little ducky will never r eally leave you. She knows how much you loved her, and she will remember that forever, just as you will remember her. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: