SoCal Butt Nugget Prospector

chriseckeard

Hatching
Feb 2, 2023
I'm new to chickens for myself an my family but my grandparents had chickens when I was a child that I interacted.

Currently we don't have any chickens but would like to get 3-6 for eggs.
I'm interested in breeds that cater to egg production in a Southern California Backyard.
The pros I see is having our own eggs from our own chickens. Bug reduction, a natural way to
get rid of family food waste, and raise my children with the responsibility and self-reliance
that having chickens can offer.
Learning and outdoor activities are some of my hobbies.
Their is three to four of us who would consume the eggs and I would be the prime care taker as the kids grow.
I've been aware of BYC since the YouTube algorithm pushed it during the pandemic lock down.

I'm new to chickens for myself an my family but my grandparents had chickens when I was a child that I interacted.

Currently we don't have any chickens but would like to get 3-6 for eggs.
I'm interested in breeds that cater to egg production in a Southern California Backyard.
The pros I see is having our own eggs from our own chickens. Bug reduction, a natural way to
get rid of family food waste, and raise my children with the responsibility and self-reliance
that having chickens can offer.
Learning and outdoor activities are some of my hobbies.
Their is three to four of us who would consume the eggs and I would be the prime care taker as the kids grow.
I've been aware of BYC since the YouTube algorithm pushed it during the pandemic lock down.
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom