1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Society finch color?

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by sarbee42, Oct 18, 2012.

1. sarbee42

sarbee42 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2012
    Morrisburg, Ontario
    I have this pretty society finch that I am unsure of the color. I "adopted" her and her mate from someone off the internet who wasn't interested in them. I've had her for a year and I think she was fairly young when I first got her. Anyway, any help would be great!
    A few days after I had gotten her a year ago:
    [​IMG]

Taken today with her mate:
    [​IMG]

2. sarbee42

Mar 3, 2012
    Morrisburg, Ontario
  3. Pineapple

Pineapple Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2013
    I know this is an old post, but creamino was my first thought as well, although it looks like the bird might also have white flecks (i.e., be creamino and pied). The picture makes it hard to tell.

4. sarbee42

Mar 3, 2012
    Morrisburg, Ontario
    Thanks! Not sure what she is but she's pretty and sitting on an egg currently :)
    Got her off of someone who posted her with her mate and two female zebra finches for free including their cage a year ago in november. They're awesome little pets and other than being messy I'd recommend them to anyone.

5. Pineapple

Pineapple Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2013
    I do, too. They're great little birds. They're an excellent pet for elderly people or anyone who lives alone. Easy to care for, always chipper, and cute as heck.

6. myfinefeatheredfriends

myfinefeatheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Ohio
    They're beautiful birds, whatever color they are :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by