soft bump on both feet

4 bundles of Joy

In the Brooder
Dec 15, 2021
GA

soft bump on both feet​

1 Lace or silver not sure but, she is the bully, 1 Barred rock, 1 Australorp, & New Hampshire the first 3 seem to have soft bump under feet. Barred is mottling they eat well & active. Barred also has scaley feet and holds foot up a lot. She also gets bullied by Lace and Lace was put in kennel to isolate but she forced kennel open and bleeding on both sides of her head. Barred is so afraid of her and Lace stop laying eggs in august 2021. Not sure what to do. In ATL GA cold 33 at night. Read gasoline, Epson salt to soak, & iodine. I don't think the foot has a hard area in the middle yet. They itch a lot. I've used DE but it doesn't seem to help. What do you suggest? Don't really want to pick up barred since she is mottling. The girls roam all day in the yard. We do have wood chips in their coop area. The wood chips have started braking down but I wonder if that was the cause of the bump. Thank you in advance. This is such a great platform.

soft bump on both feet​

1 Lace or silver not sure but, she is the bully, 1 Barred rock, 1 Australorp, & New Hampshire the first 3 seem to have soft bump under feet. Barred is mottling they eat well & active. Barred also has scaley feet and holds foot up a lot. She also gets bullied by Lace and Lace was put in kennel to isolate but she forced kennel open and bleeding on both sides of her head. Barred is so afraid of her and Lace stop laying eggs in august 2021. Not sure what to do. In ATL GA cold 33 at night. Read gasoline, Epson salt to soak, & iodine. I don't think the foot has a hard area in the middle yet. They itch a lot. I've used DE but it doesn't seem to help. What do you suggest? Don't really want to pick up barred since she is mottling. The girls roam all day in the yard. We do have wood chips in their coop area. The wood chips have started braking down but I wonder if that was the cause of the bump. Thank you in advance. This is such a great platform.
Thank you for responding. I will take pictures tomorrow and figure out how to download & send to you as well.

Do all of your chickens have the same bump on both feet? Chickens do have a little pad on the bottom of their feet called the metatarsal pad.

Some pictures would definitely help.
Thanks.... will take pictures tomorrow and figure out how to attach... I do believe they all have the bump. I looked for a picture online for the bottom of chicken feet. Never found a photo only of legs/feet not bottom. I will look up metatarsal pad.

Back
Top Bottom