Soft egg shell stuck in vent

I take thyroxine myself. Thyroid levels shouldn't drift too much in either direction. Too much is as bad as too little. The thyroid is an important gland that regulates a multitude of bodily functions. I would suggest approaching this carefully or it could make matters worse.

Thanks for the warning. I will be looking for a lot more information than just one site's recommendation. They didn't even give a dosage.

One of the studies (from the 40s? have to look again) talked about a .3 mg dose. The tablets for dogs varied from .1 to .8 and that seemed like a really wide range. I didn't jump to the conclusion that this stuff was relatively benign; anytime you talk about a hormone, I think you need to get as much of the specifics as possible.

Pip has laid another membrane-only egg, and it's a big one. And another lash egg, bigger than the first. I didn't take pictures. Button, another one of the pullets, really likes to eat eggs when she finds a broken one, and I had to get it out of there intact.

I'll be starting another round of lotus leaf extract and calcium citrate.

I'd seen Pip in her favorite nest box, and she might have laid a normal egg, but I don't know for sure.

Found your thread when looking into lotus leaf extract. So happy someone else is trying this and sharing about it! I have a Polish hen on amoxicillin right now. Same age as yours, 9/10mo when this started. She laid a double egg March 1st after the whole tail down, in a corner stance. Double egg was a soft shell on the outside and definitely broke when she laid it. She bounced back but started getting off again the next day so did the mox. Just had to put her on it again after being fine for 3 weeks. Started looking into some alternate medicines just now and found the same article. My girl completely stopped laying after her double egg, but still goes through the motions as if she is laying. And I've gotten a small white lash egg from her too.

Good luck! I'll be following your posts and also gonna see about getting some of the extract too.

Back
Top Bottom