Soft egg!!!!

Annalyse

Crowing
Mar 24, 2020
New Jersey
This is the third or fourth soft egg I've gotten. After one has been laid another will show up a couple weeks later as this one did. It usually happens on hot days like today. I believe it's one of the 2 Plymouths I have. The first plymouth as been laying eggs regularly but has poop built up on her butt feathers and the other just started laying after not laying for a couple weeks. I thought it was the second one but she just started laying again so I dont know anymore. I tried giving her a calcium pill but I couldnt get it in her mouth before. Any ideas? Or is it just the heat and stress?

Attachments

• 20210716_153637.jpg
    20210716_153637.jpg
    784.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 20210716_153704.jpg
    20210716_153704.jpg
    468.2 KB · Views: 2
How old are your birds and what exactly do you feed them?

What do you mean by she just started laying again?
there a year old, turned 1 in March. they eat all flock because I have a rooster. And the one Plymouth hasn't been laying, I figured due to heat and stress but she started laying again. No other symptoms besides one of them laying soft eggs.

there a year old, turned 1 in March. they eat all flock because I have a rooster. And the one Plymouth hasn't been laying, I figured due to heat and stress but she started laying again. No other symptoms besides one of them laying soft eggs.
Can you switch them to layer type feed?

they have a separate dish of the oyster shells but they barely use it.
Which is why you're having these issues.
I highly recommend switching them to a layer type feed and if you offer any treats at all I highly recommend stopping immediately.

Back
Top Bottom