Soft egg!!!!

Which is why you're having these issues.
I highly recommend switching them to a layer type feed and if you offer any treats at all I highly recommend stopping immediately.
They don't get tons of treats. I let them out for like an hour and the only way to get them back in Is to bribe them with treats. Just a very tiny quarter amount gets thrown into the run and they pile in.

Many people raise roosters with hens on layer feed. You are thinking of gout which is a problem with the kidneys. You need to get more calcium into your hens to see if the shells become more hard. Most chickens will swallow a calcium tablet if you open the beak and place it in the back on the throat. Some do use all flock, but it is important for the hens to take the crushed oyster shell and some use egg shells as well. It could be that she has a problem with her shell gland in the oviduct. If your other hens all have hard shells, that may be the problem.

Many people raise roosters with hens on layer feed. You are thinking of gout which is a problem with the kidneys. You need to get more calcium into your hens to see if the shells become more hard. Most chickens will swallow a calcium tablet if you open the beak and place it in the back on the throat. Some do use all flock, but it is important for the hens to take the crushed oyster shell and some use egg shells as well. It could be that she has a problem with her shell gland in the oviduct. If your other hens all have hard shells, that may be the problem.
Could I try giving her a calcium tablet again? And should I starts feeding them there egg shells? And how would I do that?

You should try mixing the calcium shells into the layer feed. The layer feed is crucial for hens. It has many vitamins and nutrients that hens need to create strong, shelled, eggs.
I have been raising roosters with hens that both eat layer feed for about 6 years now. Not once had I had a rooster die from natural causes (kidney, liver disease), and that's saying alot from me, since I've owned over 2 dozen roosters.

Back
Top Bottom