Soft Eggshells

Thank you everyone
Yeah I crush them to smaller pieces but some like powder ( crushed too much) that's I put in water
1f601.png

Lindalouly. My 7 chickens and 4 ducks share the same coop and run. I made my run with 50 foot of wire. The stay penned up until about 3pm and then they are free roaming and have several acres of open yard and woods to roam. The private poultry farm I got some of my chickens from thought she may have gotten into something in the woods or botulism from the dirty duck water. She didn't physically see her but I sent a pic and talked to her about symptoms. Her name was purchie and was my daughters favorite. I have learned a bit form this forum and try to Google some things. You stated you are still researching may I ask where are you looking for your research, Internet, books etc?

I read a lot of blogs, magazines. Internet articles and talk with people.. The same as most others. I'm just trying to assess the pros and cons of worming for my flick.

You can get a soft egg from time to time.... I would keep oyster shell available...it will provide extra calcium but is not providing grit...as it dissolves readily.

So if I continue to see soft shells I should get some oyster shell and grit and should these 2 be mixed together seporately or with their food. Also is this ok for ducks becauSe my chicken and ducks livery and eat together.

Back
Top Bottom