Soft shelled eggs for soon 3 months

LittleFlinga

In the Brooder
May 26, 2019
After brooding, which we broke up, my silkie has been dropping softshelled eggs every day. You notice she wants to be in a quite place for a while, tail pointing up and slow walking.
(pain?)
Then after an hour or so you find she has dropped a softshelled egg. After this she’s active and her normal self again. After the intensive egglaying and brooding she had an egg with blood on and since then only soft shelled.
Been to a vet 6 days ago and there she got a hormone shot to stop her from producing eggs. Doesnt work so far.
She is strong and healthy. Only thing I notice is she’s getting a little bald on the top of her head. Looking close it looks only dry and nothing like mite or so ever. She doesnt scratch or so on either.

After brooding, which we broke up, my silkie has been dropping softshelled eggs every day. You notice she wants to be in a quite place for a while, tail pointing up and slow walking.
(pain?)
Then after an hour or so you find she has dropped a softshelled egg. After this she’s active and her normal self again. After the intensive egglaying and brooding she had an egg with blood on and since then only soft shelled.
Been to a vet 6 days ago and there she got a hormone shot to stop her from producing eggs. Doesnt work so far.
She is strong and healthy. Only thing I notice is she’s getting a little bald on the top of her head. Looking close it looks only dry and nothing like mite or so ever. She doesnt scratch or so on either.
Can you post some photos of your Silkie?

I'm sorry she is not doing well, how old is she?
What do you normally feed her?

You mention that you vent to the vet and got a hormone shot - was that a Suprelorin Implant?

F485B844-D2A1-4038-9CFD-3B5F9A8F1335.jpeg
81D00F22-0671-4859-B373-539608AE15D1.jpeg
There was a choice between implant or injection. We chose for the injection which has to be repeated after 3-4 months.
This food is what they are fed last 3 months. They like it a lot. But also they get pasta, pancake, rice, dried mealworms, sunflower seeds, canned corn and of course all what is to eat in the backyard. Also added extra calcium and shells. The poop is fine. She is 14 months.

Attachments

• 958DAA7D-7A52-40C3-87A8-F3DDD0D6E32E.jpeg
    958DAA7D-7A52-40C3-87A8-F3DDD0D6E32E.jpeg
    455.7 KB · Views: 4
  • E5F91833-DBB5-4CAD-9415-C8C5EBC58466.jpeg
    E5F91833-DBB5-4CAD-9415-C8C5EBC58466.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom