Soft shelled goose egg

Sheepheart

Songster
Dec 29, 2020
One of my first time layers laid a soft shelled egg tonight. I thought people who havnt seen one might want to see it. I was going to see if I could share it to the type of eggs thread that had a bunch of egg deformities listed, but I’m having problems finding it.

Here is a video and some pictures of it being candled.
Video

Attachments

• 7968754A-03CA-46DF-A8CC-BF4C90171BBA.jpeg
    7968754A-03CA-46DF-A8CC-BF4C90171BBA.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 33
  • 7B5E8EB9-741E-47AF-80D7-1E4B918866BE.jpeg
    7B5E8EB9-741E-47AF-80D7-1E4B918866BE.jpeg
    171.1 KB · Views: 5
I haven't had soft-shelled goose eggs, although I've had occasional chicken ones over the years.

Last week, I had my first-ever soft-shelled duck egg (despite free feeding of oyster shell), and it totally freaked out one of my friends who had never seen a soft one before.
They do call to mind some of those alien-type movies, don't they?

I haven't had soft-shelled goose eggs, although I've had occasional chicken ones over the years.

Last week, I had my first-ever soft-shelled duck egg (despite free feeding of oyster shell), and it totally freaked out one of my friends who had never seen a soft one before.
They do call to mind some of those alien-type movies, don't they?
This is out of my fifth or fourth goose this year to start laying, so I was surprised to find it! Have had a handful of ones from ducks before. I can imagine how surprised they were!
Yea, they sure do! Maybe that’s were the idea came from? I mean people used to thing cock-eggs came from roosters and would hatch out a demon if not destroyed immediately!
Thanks for sharing! I haven't seen one of those from my geese yet, either...but have seen them occasionally from my ducks. They'll give you quite a start if you're reaching into a nest and not expecting it to feel like that! 😲
Yea, surprisingly I’ve never found them in a nest? Maybe the birds are like nope it’s bad and roll them out before I get to the barn?

This is out of my fifth or fourth goose this year to start laying, so I was surprised to find it! Have had a handful of ones from ducks before. I can imagine how surprised they were!
Yea, they sure do! Maybe that’s were the idea came from? I mean people used to thing cock-eggs came from roosters and would hatch out a demon if not destroyed immediately!

Yea, surprisingly I’ve never found them in a nest? Maybe the birds are like nope it’s bad and roll them out before I get to the barn?
:yuckyuck They are smart creatures, aren't they?

Back
Top Bottom