Solar Eclipse 2024 Coming April 8th!

Are you traveling to see it?

• Total voters
Pics
Bah humbug. Eclipses do not impress me even a little. They get hyped up like they are going to be some super special event and it is nothing more than a few minutes of looking like dusk (if you don't have overcast), which is something you can experience everyday. That is me and everyone I know. No one is even talking about it around here. But, I hope you all enjoy it.

Now if the animals would do some weird stuff it might be interesting, but they are not going to pay much mind to it if at all.
I still think they're pretty special for people like me. It's not everyday you get the moon in the perfect spot to block the sun like that.

It has to be more than that. They breed

Steers don't breed....oxen are 'made' not bred!
I know steers can't breed. But, and I might sound like a dumbass here, I thought oxen were their own breed. Like how holstein or angus is a breed. I thought oxen were a different one too
TT, the game is Sunday
I'll have to take your word for it, I don't follow sports. But Monday in Cleveland is not smart
Here's a pretty cool calculator for percentage of totality by zip code...
..easy to use and seems legit.
Thanks!

So, not going to Cleveland! We weren't going all the way there anyway, but maybe not in that vacinity either.
And an ox is any bovine trained to work. Bulls, too dangerous, and cows, produce calves and milk.
Mary
Ok, so, upon a quick google search, I find this to be correct as far as oxen go. Not that I was doubting anyone, I just like to research. Interesting. Like I said in my other post, I thought oxen were a different breed of cattle. And I know first hand how dangerous bulls can be, my uncle was attacked and almost died from a holstein bull on the family farm, years ago. He was life flighted to Pittsburgh and we were all very scared for him. And if you aren't going to Cleveland, where will you be headed?

I still think they're pretty special for people like me. It's not everyday you get the moon in the perfect spot to block the sun like that.
It is hyped to get people to spend money. But, it is also something for families to get excited about and do together, which is a good thing. Then, people that are just really interested things like that.

I think I’m around the 85% path. I may try to be outside if I can when it happens. If I’m busy I won’t worry about it, and I can find better excuses to travel for.

Cleveland has the Cleveland Clinic, very special place if you need it!
For oxen, look up the Midwest Ox Drovers Assn.
DH had teams, but no longer.
Scan_20190128.png

Hubby, 6'3" tall, John and Walker, 2800+ lbs each!
Long ago at a historical village in Wisconsin. Fun!
Mary

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom