Solar Eclipse & Giving Up Sunshine

Shobe Biz

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 7, 2012
Not only did I get to see the solar eclipse in so. California tonight
smile.png
, but I also had to give up Sunshine, my Rhode Island Red, yesterday.
hit.gif

Anyone else have any spectacular sightings or find weird chicken happenings during the eclipse?

I wrote about it on Chicken Women.

I really missed Sunshine this morning when I climbed the hill to let the hens out of their coop. It's still amazing to me how much these adorable chickens become pets. The good thing is that I know where she is and I can visit her anytime!

I hope your hens are all doing well!

I can't seem to get the song, "Please don't take my sunshine away..." out of my head today...

I checked in via email with her new owner and here's a Sunshine update:

Sunshine has been rather quiet and wide-eyed. She’s laying low and spending most of her time in the coop, but yesterday I made sure she got out into the “yard” for some fresh air and especially water, which she did, so now I know she’s eating and drinking fine. I’ve given her some treats and she eats from my hand, and she also went out in the yard where I had dumped a big pile of weeds and she picked through it and pecked a few things. A couple of the other girls are picking on her – I’ve seen her get pecked on the back, but only twice. Mostly they’re leaving her alone, so I think she’ll be fine once she settles in. She’s not a banty is she? She looks so small, but a couple of my chickens are very large. You can come visit her any time, of course!

Moving is never fun for anyone. Being the new chick on the block ain't fun either.

Back
Top Bottom