Solar powered automatic chicken coop door!

I just purchased and installed the Pullet Shut door from Chickendoors.com this past weekend. I opted for the solar panel charging option w/photo sensor. The door was shipped quickly and arrived within 3-days.

The door opened within 7 minutes of sunrise, and closed about 20 minutes after sunset.

No birds were left outside the past two nights so I don’t feel the need to delay the time of door closing, but I like having that option. The door closes nice and slow and I think the noise of the motor would spook any birds into moving out of the way if they happen to be in the doorway while it closed.

I was looking at the Ador automatic chicken door and was considering it until I saw some photos of birds that got caught in the door.

Here’s a phot of it installed after it closed for the night. The camera makes it look like there is more light than there actually was.

Let me know if you have any questions
Very nice. Thank you.

I just purchased and installed the Pullet Shut door from Chickendoors.com this past weekend. I opted for the solar panel charging option w/photo sensor. The door was shipped quickly and arrived within 3-days.

The door opened within 7 minutes of sunrise, and closed about 20 minutes after sunset.

No birds were left outside the past two nights so I don’t feel the need to delay the time of door closing, but I like having that option. The door closes nice and slow and I think the noise of the motor would spook any birds into moving out of the way if they happen to be in the doorway while it closed.

I was looking at the Ador automatic chicken door and was considering it until I saw some photos of birds that got caught in the door.

Here’s a phot of it installed after it closed for the night. The camera makes it look like there is more light than there actually was.

Let me know if you have any questions
That is a very cute coop you have. We're glad the installation was easy, and appreciate the kind words. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom