Solid Blue Slate Turkeys

I think my toms are *choir boys*....and the hens are nuns!! I don't see any eggs and I don't see the toms breeding, just percussing and strutting around. The hens surround them a lot but I don't see any squatting on the girls' part.
hu.gif

nice looking birds
big_smile.png
SB but what kind are they there not Royal plams , but they look like really lite color narr. turkeys or are they
roll.png

Last edited:
Thanks Dogfish. I'd like to find a Lavender tom for my girl but for now, she has to be with the Narans.

We just picked up three young turkeys, bronze breasted, two hens and a tom. Boy, I've never seen such raggedy critters in my life! Filthy, feathers missing and just lackluster when they first got here. They are looking much better now (about a month so far) but still, not sure about them. Seller advertised them as bourbon reds and it was dark when I picked them up, they are as wild as wild can be. Next morning I discover, nope, not bourbon reds at all, but bronze breasted
roll.png

DaKid, they are Narangansetts. I have several unrelated young hens (like the one I posted below the lavender hen) so I was hoping the older girls would sorta show the younger girls how its done
lau.gif

there really nice Narr.
smile.png
my narr. toms are or have alittle more dark coloring where ur's are more white coloring ,
wink.png
which I like better than mine as coloring goes
cool.png

Thank you DaKid, they are a bit on the lighter side. So was the HUGE tom I had last year that is the daddy to the almost 1 yr old in the pic. He was a MEAN SUCKER and I kept several of his daughters and one of his sons, the others were sold and the reports back from the new owners is they are pretty amazed at the heft. I hope the son we kept matures to what daddy was. He dressed out to 22 lbs.,!! and was delicious!

Back
Top Bottom