Solid EE Rooster curiosity genetics

I realized as I read through i mistyped its a Light Brahma not Sussex 🤦🏼‍♀️
I have not idea how I did that lol as I was reading through I was like Sussex? I'm not putting my speckled sussex in there and then I realize my mistyped lol

So it's a Light Brahma with peacomb lol but still a brown layer
Light Brahma: chicks should have the same feather colors as if it were a Speckled Sussex, and should produce about the same color of eggs.

But chicks should have a pea comb, no matter whether the rooster has single or double pea comb genes.

And chicks should have feathered feet.

Yes... @NatJ
Thank you for clarifying some notation form (I actually got that off a breeder's website explaining blue/splash/black....I'll remove them from my resources LOL...you're totally right...B is barred....bl makes more sense).

@MandaRae

Yes, I did forget to mention you will get barring sexing with the blue gold rooster over your Cream Legbar (and LOL it is crele not creole...however my crele legbar girl often acts more creole...LOL). Don't be surprised if those head dots aren't what you always hoped for though.

I've bred Barnevelder rooster over my Golden Crele Legbar girl (she was supposed to be cream but apparently didn't get the diluters) and I definitely get sex linked...however those dots don't always appear so neat and round. I found that even if there is a whisp of white on the head, then it will be a boy.

Pea comb does follow the blue shell gene...usually...and your boy looks close enough hybrid to the Ameraucana with the muffs that lead me to believe he *should* have one blue shell gene....which means this first generation of layers will lay shades of green (blue shell with brown wash) except your White Leghorn crosses should lay a pretty light blue.

LofMc

Back
Top Bottom