Solid white Polish x White Crested Blacks

ronkonkoma

Crowing
7 Years
May 4, 2014
Long Island NY
So I purchased eggs from an amazing breeder and got the most beautiful solid whites and then we had our first issue ever with Cocci. That is no joke. Sadly I lost all my chicks except 2 stunning boys.
I just purchased 2 stunning white created black girls.
Just curious if I hatched their eggs what would be the result? Thank you.

Attachments

• B1C51D70-37BE-42AF-AA55-0558EAB2FFBF.jpeg
    B1C51D70-37BE-42AF-AA55-0558EAB2FFBF.jpeg
    33.4 KB · Views: 37
  • A4CBFC84-CF25-408C-BD48-50759A7A3465.jpeg
    A4CBFC84-CF25-408C-BD48-50759A7A3465.jpeg
    531.8 KB · Views: 15
So I got curious and googled this, but what I've read says that white is just basically a layer of paint to cover the color underneath the white. White is either dominant or recessive, and it's nearly impossible to tell what they are without genetic testing.

If the white is Recessive, you're probably going to get more black chicks with some white in their crests. If it's Dominant, more white chicks, not sure how it might affect the crests.

I used the chicken calculator for results and tested which one with just a black rooster and fiddled with the dominant/recessive white option. Even reversing it with white Dom/recessive roosters give the same results for chick color.

www.kippenjungle.nl/Overzicht.htm#kipcalculator

They also have a basics section that explains a little more in depth about color variants and how they express themselves here - www.kippenjungle.nl/basisEN.htm

I looked around on BYC and couldn't find this exact Polish cross, but I'm definitely interested in what might become of it if you breed them together!

I think Polish is recessive white, but I’m not sure.
If it is, the offspring will be primarily black. They might have some leakage, if your roosters are hiding lacing or some other color beneath. If they’re hiding white crested black (which is fairly likely, considering how common it is) then the chicks will be white crested black.

If they were for some reason dominant white, I suppose having a white-crested black base would be fairly likely, but I doubt that it’s dominant white.

I think Polish is recessive white, but I’m not sure.
If it is, the offspring will be primarily black. They might have some leakage, if your roosters are hiding lacing or some other color beneath. If they’re hiding white crested black (which is fairly likely, considering how common it is) then the chicks will be white crested black.

If they were for some reason dominant white, I suppose having a white-crested black base would be fairly likely, but I doubt that it’s dominant white.
Thank you. You know I bought them from some fabulous breeders who show and I was kind of amazed to see what looks like some gold lacing coming through. Just 4 feathers or so but ...

Back
Top Bottom