Soluble tylan dose- same as for pigeons?

PippinChicken

Songster
Oct 28, 2017
The only soluble tylan I was able to find without a prescription was from stromberg's. It was marketed for pigeons but the same active ingredient. Do the dosing instructions on the bottle seen reasonable to folks who have used this with their chickens? Or is it possible that pigeons need a different dose?

Attachments

• 20201209_151155.jpg
    20201209_151155.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 49
The only soluble tylan I was able to find without a prescription was from stromberg's. It was marketed for pigeons but the same active ingredient. Do the dosing instructions on the bottle seen reasonable to folks who have used this with their chickens? Or is it possible that pigeons need a different dose?
I have seen that product before. It may be a weaker version, possibly 20% tylosin. Some sell a 50% version. With the 100% tylosin or brand name Tylan, the dose for any bird or chicken is 1 tsp per gallon or 1/4 tsp per quart/ liter for 3-5 days. Read the label to see what percent it is. It is possible that you need to multiply the dose by 4 or 5 to equal full strength tylosin. The brand name Tylan is available with a vet prescription on Chewy.com. Here is another source that may be 100%:
https://www.jedds.com/shop/tylan-soluble-100-g/

Back
Top Bottom