*solved* Chickens Crossing The Road! HELP!!

I have some new 1yo pullets that started crossing the road. The rooster won't stop them. They do this despite having a wonderful property to forge in. This is the first time ever I've had pullets that do this.
My idea is to spread scratch, seeds, oatmeal flakes around the area I want them to stay in before letting them out. It doesn't have to be a lot in order to keep them interested. My thought is that it will keep them within the boundaries and they'll be busy looking for the treats in their own area. Just a thought!

I have some new 1yo pullets that started crossing the road. The rooster won't stop them. They do this despite having a wonderful property to forge in. This is the first time ever I've had pullets that do this.
My idea is to spread scratch, seeds, oatmeal flakes around the area I want them to stay in before letting them out. It doesn't have to be a lot in order to keep them interested. My thought is that it will keep them within the boundaries and they'll be busy looking for the treats in their own area. Just a thought!
Sadly I can't feed them "unnecessary" feed. I am only allowed to feed them at night.
I taught my older chickens that certain places like the woods, the field, and the road equal bad things. I tap their backs with a metal pole, not to hard, just a poke and use it to lead them into the yard. They learned that certain areas will get them poked and be to much of a bother. But, it doesn't work for all, example these 4 problematic chicks.

As I have had young chickens they would tend to go across the road . I would pick up a Leaf rake ...and slap it down at the ground near them ( not hit Them of Course .).. And say Bad girls get home . and chase them home ...after I did this enough ..they understood not to go across the road

Back
Top Bottom