Some advice please?

Thank you. I'm super sad over it. My days must have been off since they were shipped eggs. I swore it was over due as of Saturday and I didn't want my last one to die too but it did.
More money down the drain.
he.gif

If my ex didn't get rid of my lavender, black and blue orpingtons when we split I wouldn't even have this issue right now. I'm blaming him.
somad.gif

THANK YOU so much for the kind words. Next time I'll have more patience.

I think it just died. I feel like an ******* :th my only egg of 30 **** eggs. clearly this learning curve was STEEP!

We have all ( well some of us) have made the same mistake... Most of us wouldn't own up to it tho  :oops:

Hang in there, its all about learning what to do and not do... A wise person told me if they were meant to hatch they would, but I have helped a few here and there, its just knowing when and realizing it may die anyways or because of the help..

X2

Yep..... I have been there and done that too...

-sigh-

If you can have a rooster where you live, why don't you just order some white orp. pullet chicks and a black australorp roo and raise your own instead of buying eggs? You could use your incubator to hatch the fertile eggs and get more chicks to have for eggs or sell the chicks. There's no telling if the one that died would have been blue for sure because they don't breed true. You can breed two blues together and get either blue, black or splash chicks. As far as helping them hatch, I have done it and had them die too, but some lived. I have also waited to long to help after the chick had started cracking the shell and it died. I broke the egg open to find the chick was shrink wrapped and couldn't turn around in the shell to keep hatching. It's very disturbing but it happens.

Thank you. I'm super sad over it. My days must have been off since they were shipped eggs. I swore it was over due as of Saturday and I didn't want my last one to die too but it did.
More money down the drain.
he.gif

If my ex didn't get rid of my lavender, black and blue orpingtons when we split I wouldn't even have this issue right now. I'm blaming him.
somad.gif

THANK YOU so much for the kind words. Next time I'll have more patience.
So sorry for your pain and heartache. My first hatching will be here in 3 week, I get my incubator tomorrow You experience may save more chicks. I seem to be reading over and over to not touch them, so I am going to try my hardest.

My baby just needed on more day and I killed it :(

Yes, biggest lesson learned, don't touch!!!
Almost like set'em and forget'em. Like a crock pot, add water when needed.

I feel like a real jerk but I'm glad someone can learn from my massive mistakes.

I lost 80% at Least to infection of some kind; blood ring.

DONT TOUCH YOUR EGGS!!!! Lol. I could help it and lost all of them.

My baby just needed on more day and I killed it
sad.png

Yes, biggest lesson learned, don't touch!!!
Almost like set'em and forget'em. Like a crock pot, add water when needed.

I feel like a real jerk but I'm glad someone can learn from my massive mistakes.

I lost 80% at Least to infection of some kind; blood ring.

DONT TOUCH YOUR EGGS!!!! Lol. I could help it and lost all of them.
No one is perfect at anything they do the first time. Only practice can make semi-perfect since no one is ever truly perfect! :) next time will be better.

Back
Top Bottom