some body please explain this to me, $100 for a rooster?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Morgaine, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Morgaine

Morgaine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
  2. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    I dont know but if they sell let me know, and I have a bunch of Mutt roos that I could ship to Texas. [​IMG]

3. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

don't know, but since it is now illegal in ALL 50 states *Hallelujah! it's about time!* seems to me like somebody's "smokin' rope" as the old saying goes... [​IMG]

4. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

thats really weird. i wrote them an email asking why they were 100 bucks.

5. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    [​IMG] $100?!? Thats crazy! Come over here to Waco and you can normally get them free or at least little to nothing. I see ads all the time for free roosters.

6. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    maybe a rare bloodline. who knows?, i dont see anywhere, where it says what bloodlines they are. Maybe their show chickens?. i know OEGBs that are good show qaulity can be sold for 50+ a pair. some people want 100 each chicken. maybe these people are just trying to get as much as they can from them. you never know really. and i guess it doesn't matter. its either. "should i buy them/will i buy them?. or.. Their crazy *closes the ad*"

7. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    Maybe they are just dumb.

8. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:[​IMG]

Really though... I'd hope they were at least pretty roosters, but they're not.

9. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    I think it's Rain Man, who when asked how much a candy bar costs said "About a hundred dollars." This person doesn't know anything about anything where roosters are concerned. Can't tell what breed they are; described a "red crest"; and "long legs". Maybe he just loves his roosters and thinks they are worth $100. Around here there are signs in the feed stores advertising roosters for $8 but the $8 is drawn through and marked-down to $5.

10. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Quote:Or maybe they meant $10. They're probably dumb, though!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by