Some Fall Flock Pics from Today (added more post #10)

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Main flock was let out to roam a bit. Most are in various stages of molt, but not too bad. This is not everyone, by any means-they were scattered to the four winds, not having been out in several days.

Gypsy, with actual feathers on her head! She seems to molt three times a year and is bald much of that time. She's 4 yrs old. Picked up that rabbit cage to use as a small brooder for $10 at a yard sale and it came with a rabbit bottle attached.

DSCN3799.jpg

Nora, then Snow, sisters out of Cree Ameraucana lines. Believe they are about 3 1/2 now:

DSCN3813.jpg

DSCN3805.jpg

Alice and Neela, blue Rocks from halo. I think these girls are about 2 years old now, but have lost track. Great layers.

DSCN3802.jpg

DSCN3801.jpg

Miranda, who, along with my Buff Brahma, Caroline, is about to turn 5 years old:

DSCN3800.jpg

Smoky, several days post crop surgery. Actually, had to open her up two days after the first one. She's one tough girl.

DSCN3803.jpg

Thanks! Like your avatar.

Got a shot of a couple more. My banty lavender Cochin, Shadow who is 3 1/2 yrs, my almost six-yr-old Buff Orp Sunny with RIR Reba in the background. Reba and Sunny are the only two remaining hens of my ten originals left.

DSCN3822.jpg

DSCN3821.jpg

Adding some pics of Nugget and her Delaware chick she is raising. "He" is 2 1/2 weeks old-at least, I'm pretty sure this one is a cockerel. Haven't had a little Dellie around here in awhile, but that comb is making quite the entrance, isn't it? Nugget is happy again. She loves being a mama.

DSCN3904.jpg

DSCN3896.jpg

DSCN3899.jpg

DSCN3898.jpg

**Sadly, for those who don't know, Smoky did not make it. She passed away on Monday morning. Poor girl was a real fighter.

Back
Top Bottom