Some keets I hatched recently

Quote:
Thanks peeps, and well LOL that peahen was the only one to nest in a spot where I could leave her, all the others nested in the woods on the ground in the background of that pic.

StevenW. :

I wonder how much it would cost to import some of those Red-Eyed Cinnamons?
tongue.png
smile.png

Not sure, but I would be happy to send some over to you guys......​

Quote:
70 more eggs, lol.
lau.gif
you're a complete hatching addict too, I LOVE IT!!

I love Pieds too !!
smile.png
I hatched 2 White Hens last season that have a thin strip of black feathers down the back of their necks (only 2 that feathered out like this out of the 50+ pure Whites I hatched)... so I think that's about as Pied as they can get in my flocks without just being pure White, lol. I only kept one of them tho. Those dark feathers on a pure White are actually a disqualification going by the Guinea Fowl Standards over here (I know, big deal)... but I am hoping she will maybe possibly hopefully hatch something that resemble Pinto keets for me (or at least just some super heavily Pied keets anyway)
fl.gif
We'll she what she does, she's free to breed with whoever she wants to in a flock with around 10 males for this season tho. Man, I really need to get some breeding pens built so I can have more controlled hatches. Sigh...

Last edited:
Quote:
Well... to me she just looks like a normal pure White with a thin streak of a poop stain on the back of her neck
lau.gif
but I'll try to get a pic of her tomorrow, if she will cooperate, lol. Might have to catch her and get a close up of her neck feathers... I swear it's not poop tho, lol. The dark feathers were why I kept her... because she was different, even if it is a defect lol.

I'm up to 2 dozen collected eggs now, chuggin' right along wayyyyyy ahead of schedule, lol. I'm planning on setting my first batch of my freshest 42 eggs on Friday evening or Saturday evening. I still do not feel like I've had a long enough break from my last hatching season yet tho, lol
th.gif

ETA: The more I look at your lil trio of beautiful lil Pieds, the more the urge to start hatching is getting to me, lol. They really are incredibly striking
love.gif

Last edited:
hmm.png
Hmmmm just going to have to breed a good if not better silver keet to rub ya nose in it Bemba
big_smile.png

Its definately one of the best heavy pied cins I have seen for a while.

Come on PeepsCA pictures pictures.

Quote:
LOL it's dark outside (9pm now) and the lights out in the coop she is in are dim/low wattage.. like me lmao. I'll get pics tomorrow, I promise!

Quote:
LOL it's dark outside (9pm now) and the lights out in the coop she is in are dim/low wattage.. like me lmao. I'll get pics tomorrow, I promise!

thanks peps can't wait!! Another heavily pied keet hatched in the bator!!!! It's another cinnamon...................... nah it's pearl
hide.gif
sorry I had too
lol.png
it's all alone so gonna shove it under one of my belgian D'anver hens who has been setting on nothing for too long
tongue.png
undevided attention for this little keet. Although it may turn out a chook lover..... got a cinn cock bird who was an only keet from last season who was raised with jap bantams..... still loves japs and hates guineas
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom