Some of my scaly things I'd love to share! See if curious! **Pics**

Sparrow

Songster
11 Years
Apr 11, 2008
I thought I would share some pics of my lovely scaly creatures. I use these guys in public education talks about reptiles and other misunderstood "creepies". lol They all have wonderful personalities, and I can hand the snakes around to people who would like to touch them. Really great animals.
smile.png

My Trans-Pecos Ratsnake, Tom. The Trans-Pecos Rat is found ONLY along the Trans-Pecos River in Texas and is a very rare species both in captivity and in the wild. He is my FAVORITE reptile of all. I have had him for 4 years, and he has never even attempted to act aggressive toward me, or anyone else, at all. Notice his funny looking head and bug eyes...a species characteristic that seems to make him more personable and approachable to the snake wary.
tongue.png

NewTomResize.jpg

This is me with a new individual, a Blotched Kingsnake. Found the Southeastern U.S., they are a beautiful species of snake with a generally mild temperament. Kingsnakes are a great snake to have people touch for their first time. They are smooth and silky feeling...not slimy or rough like many people assume they will be! This one is about 6 years old and will be a great addition to my educational talks.

MeNBlotchedKingResize.jpg

This is my Sudan Plated Lizard. She is a very fun animal to watch in her cage, and is very mellow and tolerant when I take her out and work with her. I've always been a fan of these lizards. They look "tough" but generally are very good natured.

SudanPlatedLizResize.jpg

Wow, I've never heard of a Trans-Pecos Rat snake before, he really is lovely. We have had king snakes, garter snakes and one or two bull snakes.

Thank you guys!
smile.png

PineBurrowPeeps-My bracelet is real Jade, I purchased it 4 years ago at a Chinese market. I absolutely love Jade fewelry and own several pieces, but this bracelet I never take off. Ever! I even leave it on when I'm scuba diving and things. lol Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom