some of the best things God has given us

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by old geezer, Sep 15, 2010.

1. old geezer

old geezer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    cambridge , ny
    [​IMG]...the little umph sound a newborn baby makes when it snuggles in the blanket---puppy breath--the mew of a kitten and the peep of a baby duck...[​IMG]...and last----- the chicken strut and song weezer makes after laying an egg while walking down the coop ramp to her spot on the chicken jungle gym ...[​IMG].............anyone add to this,,,,[​IMG]

2. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Maybe the roosters wake up the world cock a doodle do.

3. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    The four season!! Especially fall.... [​IMG]

4. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    I love to hear birds chirping in a tree, morning fog and dew, the gentle peeps a chick makes as it's falling asleep in my hand, my kitten (Angel) purring when I'm petting her and my 3yr old son giving me a big hug out of the blue and saying "I love you mom".

5. 4 luv of eggs

4 luv of eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Hearing "I love you Grandmom [or Grandpop]).

6. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

the simple things like walking out on the porch in the early dawn with a cup of good coffee and seeing the sun glittering on a dew covered spiderweb. Watching as my young child playing out under the shade trees on a hot summer evening gives one of her toys to another child less fortunate so she will have a toy of her very own. Having my inlaws tell me that they love me and appreciate me and are so glad their daughter married someone who is good to her and makes her happy. Laying in bed at night and hearing a whipperwill calling in the woods behind our house. Waking up every morning knowing that I have another day to enjoy my wife, kids, freinds and my life.

Thank you God!

7. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    the feel of my husbands arms around me

8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    The smells of fresh tomatoes, warm horses, new babies, freshly split wood. The sounds of joyous laughter, a mother cat mewing to her new kittens, a child gently snoring when they finally go to sleep, canning jars pinging. The sight of a rooster bobbing his head to show his ladies where a treat is, sunrises, brothers catching grasshoppers, a dog running flat out. The feel of a warm, freshly laid egg in your hand, a peach with just the right amount of give, touching a baby.......anything, really. The taste of fresh eggs, fresh salsa, good chocolate, garlic, mushrooms and onion sauteed in butter.

God is good!

9. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    My daughter's hugs and kisses, my husband and how me and him feel so comfortable with each other, my animals and my dog who is my best friend and listens to me because she loves me.

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Early misty mornings filled with quiet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by