Some one built a better mouse trap

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by DLS, Nov 10, 2008.

1. DLS

DLS Chillin' With My Peeps

NO someone built the best mouse trap.
    This morning I was moving a bale of feed hay & 2 mice ran out. well ,they made a really poor choice on what direction to run. You guessed it. They ran right into the flock of gals on there morning stroll looking for goodies.The two mice were snatched up & the chace was on chickens against chickens to see who would eat the mice . the mice changed hands(beaks) many, many,many times & were carried many miles . It was one of the funniest things I have seen in quite a while. ended up 3 or 4 hens got a hold of the mice all at the same time & the mice was ripped up then swallowed by many birds.At least they share, WOW what a sight to see.

2. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    OH MY [​IMG]
    I would pay money to have seen that!

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    My husband likes to tip the feed cans and watch little mice run and the hens chase them down. I don't like to watch them with tails hanging out of their beaks. LOL [​IMG]

4. chickiepoo

chickiepoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2007
    coastal South Carolina
    I would have paid money to see that too! Kinda hard to walk around with a video camera around your neck feeding up though!

5. DLS

DLS Chillin' With My Peeps

Yuou never have a camera when you need it most . thats for shure [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

It's same scene when a grasshopper makes a bad landing.

7. bulldog-girl

bulldog-girl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Estacada, OR
    [​IMG]

8. schmije

schmije Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Peoria, IL
    We had a small bird get trapped in our coop a few days ago. By the time the girls got a hold of it, it was already dead. The game of keep-away lasted for probably half an hour, and it was quite a sight to see!

9. mamaKate

mamaKate Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    SE MO
    I saw my dogs do something like that with a raccoon. Three pups grabbed from three directions. They were finished in less than 10 seconds. I didn't let them carry it around, though.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  10. Dill

Dill Chilling Out

Nov 10, 2008
    FL
    I see nothing funny about that. Sorry, but I don't think death is humorous and I happen to love mice.

R.I.P ~ Mice [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by