Some one built a better mouse trap

Quote:
I agree that mice are cute. Wild ones in the house aren't so great. I won't use poison or traps, but since I have 5 cats, it's not really an issue. Usually they take care of the problem without any witnesses. Two of my dogs are good mousers, too.

sickbyc.gif
I think, when we commence to ripping up the barn floor and removing shelves off the ground we're going to find mice. I may just have lots of chickens loose that day. Don't need the mice hanging around. I don't have any intention of watching them do it, but I don't need wild mice hanging around. I've raised rodents for pets and sales before so its a little too close to home.

My chickens must be too social with the locals because lately the mice are everywhere and the chickens are not concerned with them or interested in them..soooooooo, I am on my third box of decon rat bait......feel sort of bad about it but had no other choice since they seem to be making babies at lightening speed and I am worried my chickens will eat their poop and get salmonella and then we in turn will get it...so the mice have to go.

Dill wrote:
I see nothing funny about that. Sorry, but I don't think death is humorous and I happen to love mice.

Well, it may not be "funny" funny, but it's just natural. Death is a part of life. Only we humans think we can and should prevent it.

.​

Last edited:
Quote:
Well, it may not be "funny" funny, but it's just natural. Death is a part of life. Only we humans think we can and should prevent it.

That is the truth right there . I don't think that even peta thinks a mouse should live & spread sickness, fleas ect.

Between my kitties and my mousing chickens we don't have too many mice problems here. My Orp. rooster has even taken out a few sparrows. There are way way too many sparrows around here so I told him he is welcome to help with the problem. I have 1 blue mixed breed hen that esp. loves to find mice in the hay meadow when they are out free-ranging. She gets plenty of good food but chaing mice is a game for her and I don't mind at all as that means less that end up in the house.

Back
Top Bottom