Some people not only need a brain they need empathy.

gabrielle1976

Crowing
10 Years
Feb 21, 2009
Columbia river gorge
So I think I sent in the last of my paperwork , for my third time applying for SSI. I can not understand what is going thru these peoples heads when they send me a denial saying I could work fast food. They say this like fast food is easy non physical work. Have any of them ever had any major medical problems or worked hard menial jobs befor
rant.gif
. I could understand If I only had one or two of my health issues but **** , my problems include my heart and heart rate, blood pressure , thyroid, most my major joints , GI tract, spinal cord , spinal colum , nervous sysystem and mental alertness . That dosnt even include the side effects from the 5 drugs I take for the above mentioned things. IT makes me want to scream. I would rather be healthy and work my *** off then be on SSI but as I can barely get out of bed or walk thru my house on bad days its not an option. They waste so much of the goverments money when they do these denials that have to go to court becuase in the end they have to give the person SSI and then pay all the back pay from the time first applied AND all the court costs . Do they not have any brains or the ability to reson on there own ?
somad.gif
Honstly I miss working , I started baby sitting at 12 and went to work with a work permit the moment I turned old enough and worked at least one job untill I was put on bed rest for my pregnancy , I would love to go back to work I really really would and it drives me nuts when these people thing I just want a free ride .. Are they serious why would I settle for like 600 bucks a month when I could work and make twice that
he.gif

Ok sorry my rant is over .

Brains and empathy are an automatic disqualification for any sort of government work.

They deny everyone at first. It usually takes several tries before they will approve anyone. Lots of people give up after the first denial so they don't get their benefits.

contact you local senator and congressman and let your doctor know to share your files with them if they ask and tell them what you are going through and ask them for their help and give them the doctor's contact info. that may help the wheels turn and make sure to get 2-3 other opinions from other doctors first and tell the doctors the same thing about the sharing with the elected officials, and let ssi know that you saw those other doctors and they told you the same thing all that should help...

Keep applying. My one friend is dying with COPD among other things.Had a stroke and immune issues.They told her she could work too.She finally got a lawyer.Another friend lost her legs in an accident,and she had heart damage due a medication induced heart attack.She is constantly having surgeries.She too was told she could work. I have seen people get disability when there is obviously nothing wrong with them,but they we able to get it.It is on auto to deny you for many free stuff.Keep applying if you feel you need it.Get a lawyer if needed.

It just frustrates me I know two younger people in there mid 20s that really dont have anything wrong with them , one read some books in a pyc class and decided to pretend she has one of the illnesses she got ssi and has been staying home partying every scince the second one has fairly bad ashma and got it the first time he aplied and stays home smokes pot and plays video games and parties , both of them are mentally emotionally and physically able to work though the second one coudnt work anywhere there might be harsh fumes or chemicals but shessh . I have a tumer in my spinal corde slowly parlizeing me from the neck down that gives me constant migrains as well as problems with dizzyness lightheadedness I almost pass out some times , I also have degenertive disc disese along most my spinal colum, arthritis in most my joints , I have had reconstructive surgries on my left knee and left ankle , I have thyroid tumers and thryoid issues , I have problems with pvc's fast heart rate(resting without my meds my rate is over 100 and instances of super vantriclur tachacardia (been charted at over 240 beats a minute ) I also have ashma high blood pressure and fybromyalga and IBS along with depression and social anxitiy dissorder that dosnt even take in the small stuff such as GERD , insomnia and all the side effects of all the drugs I have to take. I cant party and stay out with my friends all night , I can barely get out of bed half the time or walk across my liveing room. Good days that happen a few times a month like today I got out and walk for about 7 miles and it took me 3 hours and IM dead beat and hurting all over now. It really dosnt seem very fair.
somad.gif

I truly empathize with you. I have been fighting for benefits since 2004. It does seem to be necessary to get a lawyer. I to have been told to contact the state senators about your case also.

It just frustrates me I know two younger people in there mid 20s that really dont have anything wrong with them , one read some books in a pyc class and decided to pretend she has one of the illnesses she got ssi and has been staying home partying every scince the second one has fairly bad ashma and got it the first time he aplied and stays home smokes pot and plays video games and parties , both of them are mentally emotionally and physically able to work though the second one coudnt work anywhere there might be harsh fumes or chemicals but shessh . I have a tumer in my spinal corde slowly parlizeing me from the neck down that gives me constant migrains as well as problems with dizzyness lightheadedness I almost pass out some times , I also have degenertive disc disese along most my spinal colum, arthritis in most my joints , I have had reconstructive surgries on my left knee and left ankle , I have thyroid tumers and thryoid issues , I have problems with pvc's fast heart rate(resting without my meds my rate is over 100 and instances of super vantriclur tachacardia (been charted at over 240 beats a minute ) I also have ashma high blood pressure and fybromyalga and IBS along with depression and social anxitiy dissorder that dosnt even take in the small stuff such as GERD , insomnia and all the side effects of all the drugs I have to take. I cant party and stay out with my friends all night , I can barely get out of bed half the time or walk across my liveing room. Good days that happen a few times a month like today I got out and walk for about 7 miles and it took me 3 hours and IM dead beat and hurting all over now. It really dosnt seem very fair.
somad.gif

I would report the abusers honestly.

Contacting your congressman is an excellent idea. He/she will have a local office. It is truly amazing what they can and will do. When my house was foreclosed on we were given a three day notice to vacate. I had a tenant and, according to the law, that gave him/us 45 days or so to leave . The bank, for reasons of its own, decided that he was not a bona fide tenant and wanted us both out yesterday. Someone told me to contact my congressman and I did. I really didn't think it would make a difference, but I was wrong. My congressman's office got back to me immedtiately and told me what documents to submit to them and to the bank. We got the full 45 days, and more, to vacate. The bank, bless its heart, got its just desserts in the end. In the months the property sat vacant after we left and before it was sold the neighborhood scavengers were very busy. Everything that could be removed was. This included two large metal barns, all the fencing, and the new well pump and pressure tank. So contact your congressman. Lay out your case and let him know you have been stonewalled. That may be all the help you need to get the ball rolling.

Back
Top Bottom