Some people really pi$$ me off!

Wow, that's so terrible! I always find it hard to believe that ppl would take on a responsibilty (like a life), and not be responsible with it. I really look up to ppl like you who are so willing to go out of your way to do something like that.
thumbsup.gif

First I would try to contact the people who moved out to see if they were coming back for them if not I would have let the chickens run around the neighborhood. Depending on the rabbits I would have ate them or kept them as pets.

Last edited:
Thanks all, I have contacted Animal Control, that where the dog went. The Animal Control Officer has already started the abandonment charges so that they can be brought up on charges and held responsible. Should they not show in court then there will be a bench warrant put out and hopefully get picked up by law enforcement at some point and have to sit some jail time as well as pay fines. Unfortunatly Animal laws are not very strict and with minimal punishment. I feel that animal abuse/neglect should be charged the same as child abuse.neglect them maybe some people would take notice especially some of theses "repeat offenders".

Great job...at least they will know they can't get away with it.....true may only be a small fine and few days in jail .....but will be a record if caught doing so again

Great job on your rescue! I'd take the rooster but I have about 20 right now and am downsizing myself
hmm.png
I have seen a place near Grand Rapids advertise that they havea chicken sanctuary, might be worthwhile to check the GR CL occasionally. Good luck!

Just a little update. The rooster is still here but I may have found a home for him. The 3 rabbits that came with him are gaining weight and getting more energy by the day and I may have a home for 2 of them as well. So hopefully this can end well for all of them. Lord knows they deserve it...

Back
Top Bottom