Some people.....UGH!

I'm hoping as well I never see her again. But, she's not the only ignorant one I've ran into. Some think it's okay to just feed hen scratch as a complete diet. Not sure how this started... maybe that was the way their parents raised chickens or they just plain think chickens only eat grain. And some of them look at me as if I'm trying to rip them off by telling them they have to feed chicks starter crumbles.

WOW... that was an exhausting story... I can only imagine how exhausted you must have felt after dealing with THAT!!!! Some people INDEED!!!!! I'm expecting my Araucana eggs tomorrow (hopefully) and am also hatching Ameraucanas...... AND I live in hicksville MI... ok so that's NOT the official name of my town..LOL...... I imagine I will have my share of these conversations as well

My girls laid some and I'm waiting for them to hatch. I have two sitting in the hatcher tray and 9 more still being turned.​

OMG, you have incredible patience! I hate people that have to put others down in order to make themselves feel good. Actually, she sounds to me as if she might have a mental problem. Lets all just be glad we don't live with her. I don't know WHAT I would do if she came back to buy birds. Poor birds. Love-my-wolves, I feel sorry for you. Guitartists, there is a real town near me named Hicksville. Its on Long Island! The only feed store around is there! But they also have an Ikea and if my daughter wants her hands hennaed, that's where we go. Long Island has everything. (Almost)

In the forever wise words of Forest Gump's mama

Stupid is as stupid does! You have proof that came into your store.
gig.gif

* HEY!! Don't knock the can collecting, now. Lady may have a screw or two loose, but that's the best thing she did!!! She's recycling, helping the environment, beautifying the neighborhood, and maybe feeding her car, her chickens, or herself with the proceeds, for all we know!!! I grabbed a lot of cans when the kids were little, we were broke and aluminum was through the roof-- DH was ALWAYS giving me grief about it, but darn if those cans didn't buy diapers, bread, gas, or HIS lunch on more than one occasion. When my 'payday' hit $44, $53, and one time $87 bucks-- he shut up.

Last edited:
LOL...it IS just a little funny how she was waiting for her squat and then she did...to pick up the can!

My eyes would have been like
ep.gif

Quote:
Oh I wouldn't doubt that there was a few mental issues at play with that lady. I wonder if she even actually has chickens. And far as I'm concerned King Brahma's Livestock and Pets will not be selling any birds to her whatsoever. I really don't care if I'm losing a sale because I worry about the "care" they would get with her.

Quote:
You know a lot of quotes in that movie make A LOT of sense when it comes to how people act these days.

Quote:
LOL your welcome. Everyone else has been making me laugh about the whole thing! I felt like just tossing her out the door the whole time and once I got the whole thing out and everyone made me see the humor in it all I felt better.

Quote:
Some days its a lot of fun but on others... it's not. Mostly I do manage to have fun while I work and the animals make for good company. Especially goose-goose the gosling who I've decided to keep. He's antics are too funny and cute for me to sell him now.

d.k :

* HEY!! Don't knock the can collecting, now. Lady may have a screw or two loose, but that's the best thing she did!!! She's recycling, helping the environment, beautifying the neighborhood, and maybe feeding her car, her chickens, or herself with the proceeds, for all we know!!! I grabbed a lot of cans when the kids were little, we were broke and aluminum was through the roof-- DH was ALWAYS giving me grief about it, but darn if those cans didn't buy diapers, bread, gas, or HIS lunch on more than one occasion. When my 'payday' hit $44, $53, and one time $87 bucks-- he shut up.

I collect cans too just not to the point of picking them up from anywhere. It is a nice extra bit of cash and you are helping reduce waste.

I know she doesn't use the money to feed her birds. SHe told me she just turns them loose all day and expects them to forage 100% of their diet and hopes they come back to the coop to lay eggs and sleep at night.​

Back
Top Bottom