Some pics of our peacocks today

wilds of pa

Crowing
14 Years
Feb 17, 2007
The Blue Mountains of Pa
Guess the young fella is feeling frisky with this warm weather. right now they only have a 25x50 run with a small 8x10 run in shed attached for the 5 of them, gonna give them another 25x50 in the spring..that should keep them much happier beings we wont be free ranging them.... all bought as 4 week old pea chicks except the blackshoulder hen was hatched here. I wish i would have gotten some along time ago, because they are so awesome.

older pic when they were running with the young poults

Last edited:
The IMG code no longer works for this format. You have to enter the url code in the new photo button.

I love how you have the photos of them as adults then when they were around a year old, and then as peachicks! I am always amazed looking at a beautiful peacock or peahen and thinking about how they started off as a cute little brown fluffy chick and then transformed to a big, elegant, smart bird.

thanks
big_smile.png
i remembered that they are lighter then the buford bronze you posted before. im hooked with peafowl and always learning new info

Yup the peacocks got me hook, line and sinker esp with there personalities which i just love about them....cant wait to hopefully hatch some pea chicks from them this season along with our W.E. turkeys. they brood well with each other

Last edited:
Cool! i sold my wild easterns around thanksgiving, they were much too flighty for me, everytime i went in to water of feed they went nuts trying to get out of the run and banging into the fence on top of aviary....then one busted out the window and 3 followed, they are real wilds now. LOL im glad i freed up thier aviary....because guess what i put 6 peafowls in it
wee.gif
and they are much friendlier!!! I love getting them young, they warm right up to thier master

Yup the peacocks got me hook, line and sinker esp with there personalities which i just love about them....cant wait to hopefully hatch some pea chicks from them this season along with our W.E. turkeys. they brood well with each other

Back
Top Bottom