Some pictures of my flock this afternoon (pic heavy)

ChickieBooBoo

Cold Canadian Chick
10 Years
Dec 2, 2009
Canada
Its a beautiful day today, just a few degrees about freezing which is very unusual for this time of year. All the birds were out enjoying the nice weather so I snapped some pics to share with you all here
smile.png

The shed where all the poultry is:
a.jpg

Two Muscovies sitting on top of the bale pile:
b.jpg

A few of the chickens dust bathing:
e.jpg

Some of the birds picking through the grass, I still can't believe we have grass showing. We should be knee deep in snow by now!
d.jpg

The cat picking through the scrap bucket:
f.jpg

Some of the birds who didn't want to come out:
n.jpg

DJ, my ISA Brown hen letting me know exactly how she felt about me taking her picture:
i.jpg

The Sparrows waiting in the tree for me to get away from the bird feeder so they can keep eating:
h.jpg

The geese, a pair of Pilgrims and 1 Toulouse:
j.jpg

Peggie, my Pilgrim goose:
l.jpg

One of the Muscovies:
o.jpg

They usually hang out around here because its sheltered from the wind by the bale stacks:
p.jpg

Some of the ducks:
DSC06439.jpg

Last edited:
Loved seeing your animals! I kind of laughed at the one with DJ - She makes it so you can't mistake what she's thinking. "Talk to the butt."
smile.png

Question for you: How do you like keeping geese? What I mean to say is, how well behaved are they compared to the other birds? I think geese are pretty, but I hesitate to ever have any because the only experience I have with them is to be backing away while a goose hisses and tries to come up and bite. So I thought I'd ask. It could just be that I've only ever been around bad-tempered ones, too.

Quote:
lol.png

All of my geese are very docile, they don't like to be handled but aren't aggressive at all. I raised the Pilgrim female from a gosling and the other two I got as older geese. I find them to be much smarter then the other birds, both the chickens and the ducks. They are very curious too. If your getting geese I'd recommend getting them young.

Quote:
We were joking this morning that Texas has more snow then we do! Its above freezing and actually melting today!
th.gif

Quote:
They have to earn their name, I have Black Beauty, DJ, Peggie, Molly, Rosalie, Callie, MacBeth, Aaron, Maxie... and some others. Most don't have names.

Back
Top Bottom