someone broke into my pen and killed my birds.

no updates from the police or from the locals. the local area police network put up a campain on FB to try to find information about the theft but with no bites. i havent heard or seen anything weird near the pen in the last few days. i think it was just stupid idiot kids but the pen is staying locked and im waiting for my sensor lights to arrive. thanks for all of your support in this.

im going to get more babies on sunday as the pen looks so empty now :(

definately human. there were no holes, no stretched wire, no signs of fights, no feathers anywhere. the wire is dug down almost a meter into the ground and then run back flat away from the pen underground. the wire is 2 layers thick, one of fencing wire, one of chicken. the door was unlocked at the time (of which now i make sure its 100% locked before i walk away!). they opened the door, did whatever they did to the 4 missing ones, killed the other and then closed the door behind them when they left.

That's terrible news. I've heard of this happening to folks breeding racing pigeons and super show quality chickens, but never with the average person's (in comparison) pet quail. I hope the police find those responsible. Def set up cameras, if someone's silly enough to do it once, they'll likely try again if they know they 'got away' with the first attack. :(

Back
Top Bottom