SOmeone delete this please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
wow...if my son said that about me, i might "accidentally" leave the door open too.

That's pretty sad that' you'd say that about your mom over a chicken.

WOw... I think I'd have one heck of a vent over that too!! I must have taken a few moments for you to get clean across the house to stop the issue, I can't imagine ANYONE just standing there watching it!! My mother would have been mortified if she had done something like that, but then again, she would have had both those dog in a death grip by the time I got there! Good luck to you, sounds like you might need it. I don't care what your living situation is, if you told your mom those chicks were there, she should have been much more careful!! Grrrrrr! If you need a non-judgmental place to rant, feel free to PM me.

ConchRepublic wrote:
Okay, so how about a thread about the stupidity of other people, causing stuff to happen to your birds? Just a rant thread, keep it clean please.

Here is mine, from one hour ago

We just went up and bought a few more chicks, some production reds, and some bantys. Brought our brooder number up to 25 birds, some would be given to a friend when they got set up. Now our brooder, right now since the oldest of the birds is 3 days, is a medium sized kiddie pool. This pool was located in the laundry room.

Now we got them settled in and I started working on some wiring in the living room to attach a motion light to an extension cord. My mom walks in there to do her laundry. Now, we also have 3 dogs in the house. All of whom have a high prey drive. My mom lets them in the laundry room with her because, and I quote, "They won't harm them."

Now I know this is BS, I've said that. I've told her MANY times, take the extra one movement, and shut the dang door! Does she? No.
Now, as I'm working on the wiring, my wife is sitting next to me. We hear ear splitting high peeps. We are instantly moving to the laundry room. We walk in and see 2 of the dogs, around the pool, with one dog in it. That one dog is standing over the gutted corpse of what had already became our favorite Red.

Where is my mom? Standing there completely oblivious to something we could hear on the over side of a FIVE THOUSAND square foot house.

Well now, apparently, it's somehow MY fault for having the chicks in the brooder, but when I explained I could legally shoot the dogs, she decided to give us the money to go get the minimum number of chicks, since we had JUST gotten those chicks like a half hour before...

That's one of the worse moments of stupidity I have ever witnessed, unfortunatly it was from family too... It seems stupidity is somehow magnetized to me...

I realize you are angry for not getting support from fellow BYCers. But please look at what was said. You and your wife are living in your Mom's house, you are being disrespectful to her. Perhaps she wishes you and your chicks would leave? Maybe she's tired of supporting you? Time to get a job, both of you, and move out to a new life. I wish all of you luck.

Last edited:
Cluckin'Along :

WOw... I think I'd have one heck of a vent over that too!! I must have taken a few moments for you to get clean across the house to stop the issue, I can't imagine ANYONE just standing there watching it!! My mother would have been mortified if she had done something like that, but then again, she would have had both those dog in a death grip by the time I got there! Good luck to you, sounds like you might need it. I don't care what your living situation is, if you told your mom those chicks were there, she should have been much more careful!! Grrrrrr! If you need a non-judgmental place to rant, feel free to PM me.

agree!
thumbsup.gif

Most of my moments of stupidity regarding my chickens can be directly traced back to myself, so I'd rather not share them.
hide.gif

I didn't see that the OP stated whose house it was. It's possible the OP's mother has moved in with him and his wife. In any respect, I'm so sorry you lost a chick in what was a preventable accident. I would've been angry, too.

I don't think I need to spell out why this thread is now closed.

Although this is an extremely unfortunate situation, you guys sure don't need to be so nasty. THINK before you post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom