Someone dropped a box of 17 chickens at the end of our driveway... Hayes, VA

Forgot to share that I live near a reservoir and many roosters get dumped there. Apparently they live as a flock. One startled me after I startled him riding by on my bike recently. Was really tempted to try to rescue him, but didn’t want to risk introducing disease or injury to my girls. I admire your tenacity and courage.

Forgot to share that I live near a reservoir and many roosters get dumped there. Apparently they live as a flock. One startled me after I startled him riding by on my bike recently. Was really tempted to try to rescue him, but didn’t want to risk introducing disease or injury to my girls. I admire your tenacity and courage.
Oh, free chickens! Let's go grab some when you have the time...... :)

We've gone and looked for the last rooster every day since we caught the rest. The food hasn't been touched or the water. So we're assuming the worst. It's too bad since he was absolutely beautiful. I'm attaching a picture of his equally beautiful brother.
20180707_112227.jpg

Weird thing is someone contacted my wife on facebook asking about those two and saying that they were stolen from him. But not the others. Then he said we could go ahead and keep him. Just very weird.

We're should have some fellow chicken pet owners coming today or tomorrow to take some for re homing.

We've gone and looked for the last rooster every day since we caught the rest. The food hasn't been touched or the water. So we're assuming the worst. It's too bad since he was absolutely beautiful. I'm attaching a picture of his equally beautiful brother.
View attachment 1459290
Weird thing is someone contacted my wife on facebook asking about those two and saying that they were stolen from him. But not the others. Then he said we could go ahead and keep him. Just very weird.

We're should have some fellow chicken pet owners coming today or tomorrow to take some for re homing.
That is extremely weird. Any idea how many are roosters out of the bunch?

Back
Top Bottom