Someone explain this

Do you have new photos? Curious to see it more mature now that a couple months have passed
This is the little brown chick! I dont know how this was even possible but he turned blue and looking mottled

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20240330-144547.jpg
    VideoCapture_20240330-144547.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 3
This is the little brown chick! I dont know how this was even possible but he turned blue and looking mottled
And the two white chicks

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20240408-204805.jpg
    VideoCapture_20240408-204805.jpg
    456.9 KB · Views: 3
  • VideoCapture_20240408-204811.jpg
    VideoCapture_20240408-204811.jpg
    490.4 KB · Views: 3
I have bantam cochins. 3 black mottled & 1 blue hen, with a blue rooster. And I got this out of the incubator today. Where did this color come from?
This makes me wonder if my little wonder (looks awfully similar to yours actually, and was out of a splash, blue, and mottled flock) will end up looking like your now. I was thinking maybe blue and red because of her down but now.....I'm not so sure

This makes me wonder if my little wonder (looks awfully similar to yours actually, and was out of a splash, blue, and mottled flock) will end up looking like your now. I was thinking maybe blue and red because of her down but now.....I'm not so sure
It's very confusing! Lol

I have bantam cochins. 3 black mottled & 1 blue hen, with a blue rooster. And I got this out of the incubator today. Where did this color come from?
This is a good question, but sometimes genetics does that. I have been getting white speckled sussexes when they are a mix of speckled sussex and buckeye, both a deep red-brown base feather. A large variety of chickens nowadays are a mix of multiple different breeds and I believe that those breeds can peek through sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom