Someone explain this

Guessing that one is recessive white.
If so....:lau they both also carry a recessive white gene.
How fun
You think it'll be soild white? If so that would be a dream! I have no idea how genetic work, so it's been very exciting to get these surprize colors

I think it will be all white unless my phones color is off.
It has a grayish hue to it right?

So i thought getting white would be "rare" but I just got another all white one out.

So i thought getting white would be "rare" but I just got another all white one out.

If both the rooster and 1 or more hens have the recessive white gene, you could be getting white chicks. The expected rate is 1/4 white to 3/4 colored from a hen/rooster pairing that both carry recessive white.

But I wonder if they could actually be splash? With a blue rooster and a blue hen, I would expect 1/4 of their babies to be splash, and splashes can look quite light colored when they are young.

It may be easier to tell once they grow feathers. Recessive white should be actually white, while splash will probably be a light grayish shade with splashes of black or blue in random places. The two "white" chicks may be the same as each other, or they may be one each of two kinds. Or they may surprise us all by growing feathers of some other color yet.

If both the rooster and 1 or more hens have the recessive white gene, you could be getting white chicks. The expected rate is 1/4 white to 3/4 colored from a hen/rooster pairing that both carry recessive white.

But I wonder if they could actually be splash? With a blue rooster and a blue hen, I would expect 1/4 of their babies to be splash, and splashes can look quite light colored when they are young.

It may be easier to tell once they grow feathers. Recessive white should be actually white, while splash will probably be a light grayish shade with splashes of black or blue in random places. The two "white" chicks may be the same as each other, or they may be one each of two kinds. Or they may surprise us all by growing feathers of some other color yet.
Splash is what I was thinking also, because the 1st "white" one has the faintest blue hue on its back. So I'm holding on to then to see what they turn out to be. I may have to make a pen just for them! Either way I'm excited

Splash is what I was thinking also, because the 1st "white" one has the faintest blue hue on its back. So I'm holding on to then to see what they turn out to be. I may have to make a pen just for them! Either way I'm excited

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20240214-151409.jpg
    VideoCapture_20240214-151409.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 8
I have bantam cochins. 3 black mottled & 1 blue hen, with a blue rooster. And I got this out of the incubator today. Where did this color come from?
A update to the white cochin chick from these parents. This is what it's feathering out to be

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20240224-130332.jpg
    VideoCapture_20240224-130332.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 5
  • VideoCapture_20240224-130341.jpg
    VideoCapture_20240224-130341.jpg
    438.9 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom