Someone has it in for me or my pets....

NewHopePoultry

Crowing
12 Years
Apr 9, 2007
Troy,Missouri
Me and my husband & daughter have lived in our house for almost a year now and during this time we've had some horrible moments with our pets.At first we thought we were just having bad luck,etc but now I know differently.
Someone posioned our dog Max with antifreeze (we just thought he got sick and died, but after everything else that happened, we dug him up and had the vet check him out to confrim), 2 small mix breeds where taken from the yard (we thought they just got out at the time) someone let my chickens out, someone smashed my kitten, last week someone stole my pitbull and dumped him in the country (We are still searching for him) and just last night, someone let my rabbit out and she got killed by a raccoon.
We've called and talked to the pokice several times, but nothing gets done.

I have no idea why any one would want to do this to use or to my pets.
I am so heartbroken over the loss of my pets.
My biggest worry of course is my daughter. Im afraid someone is going to try something and my daugher will get hurt.
My husband is buying cameras to put up around the house & yard.

Last edited:
Good choice on your husband's part about the cameras. They should help identify the problem. Good luck at resolving this.

Putting cameras up is a good idea. I remember when I was a kid, there was a couple teens/boys who constantly would go into our yard and let our dog loose. It wasn't even kids from our particular neighborhood, just some kids from somewhere else who were bored, looking for trouble and knew our dog and yard was easily accessible. There are people who do things just because they are bored and think they can get away with stuff.

Recently, there was someone in a trailer park in our area that was poisoning pets and the police couldn't get enough evidence to arrest someone. There is a suspect, possibly two, both seem like animal lovers, too, with their own pets. But, there is not enough evidence against them to arrest them. The poisonings stopped when the news media started doing their own investigations and suspects were being held and questioned by police.

Have any of your neighbors had any troubles like you are?

We seem to be the only house on the street with pets that are outside.
We are having some issues with 2 of our neighbors.

I can get over the letting the pets out, but the smashing a kitten on the sidewalk, dumping my dog in the middle of no where & posioning I cant forgive or get over.

locks... and plenty of them and what cant be locked should be in the house.. (so like dogs and bunnies)

once you have broken locks you now have proof of forced entry

We installed cameras right after a coyote attack and we got another GSD. Haven't had a problem since. Of course the camera is pointed at the OTHER house with a camera. But she has hers to be nosy.

Game cams. Hope you get the person. I would be concerned for your safety as well.

Are leg traps legal in your area?Keep pets locked up tight and secure your home as well-day and night till this is resolved.A shotgun would be prudent.

Back
Top Bottom