Someone help! Chick Addition

bigredfeather

Songster
11 Years
Oct 1, 2008
Yorkshire, Ohio
Would someone please help me with my addition! I've hatched out 20 chicks this spring, and now, I just bought 24 more eggs to hatch. This is getting out of hand! I blame everyone here for this. lol Six months and 274 posts ago, my wife and I wanted a few chickens for fresh eggs. No we are considering selling hatching eggs and chicks next year.

Does the addition ever subside?

I am sorry to hear about your addiction! I just wish I could say that I did not have one too! HEY did you see any good deals in the buy/sell/trade section??? Yep, here I am afaraid we will not find help for this addiction! But it sure is fun!!
wee.gif

As far as additions go, I guess it is a better one to have than many others people have. I agree, it is very enjoyable. There is just something about chickens. It's amazing to me how so many people are getting them. I guess everyone is trying to become more self sufficient these days which I think is great.

I hatch out 60-90 chicks a week (soon to be 120-150), I just sell them. The ones I keep I raise them and odds are I'll sell them too.
wink.png

Last edited:
If your asking people here to help/stop you from your addiction then I am afraid you came to the wrong place
gig.gif
All you need to do is buy more chicks and of course hatch more eggs!
lau.gif

Quote:
You're just a "crazy chicken man" Buckeye Dave.

BTW: The Buckeye eggs I hatched from you are doing great. The older ones are feathering out nicely, and the younger ones are extremely active and healthy. Thanks for the great hatching eggs!

Here you go, you support system (enablers) spent all day yesterday on the chick board coming up with a 12 step program. Unfortunately, we never came up with a way to treat the addiction only to contribute to the problem.
big_smile.png

Chicken Addicts 12 Step Program
1. Admit you have a problem.
2. Let the enablers (those that introduce you to new breeds of chickens
you don't have yet) know that you have a problem.
3. Purchase those new breeds of chicks from step 2.
4. Deal with the crowding situation in your coop.
5. Admit you have a problem.
6. Build a larger coop so you have room to buy more chicks.
7. Buy more chicks.
8. Invest in an incubator to start hatching your own chicks (this can be
claimed with the IRS under Health Care - it saved your life).
9. Clear a room in your house (displace child if nec.) to keep your new
incubator, brooders, etc. you'll need the space.
10. Add on to your coop and assure the husband that it's only "an
addition" (til the eggs hatch).
11. Move to more acreage so your chickens can have more space (no
other reason necessary).
12. Give it up-you have an addiction.

***Disclaimer-this program does NOT claim to "cure" the addiction.

Sonja

Back
Top Bottom