someone left an egg on my mailbox today

Was it IN the shell or outside of the shell?
tongue.png

It was a plain white raw egg. My husband found it just sitting there. My eggs are all colored. We are on county property, which is unincorporated, there aren't any laws that I know of about chickens. Lots of people have them here, along with all sorts of farm animals. We have nearly 3/4 acre and I don't hear them when I am anywhere except the yard where they are and on that side of the house. I do have really "different" people living nearby and many are really old....but I don't think they would even be able to hear the chickens where they are. The neighbors next to me, the husband doesn't like much of anything, he suffers for anger and depression anyway, and I give them eggs all the time. Their kids are over here all the time. We have so many wild birds here that make so much more noise than chickens.....like wild parrots, crows, and various birds of prey.
It is just odd, although I think maybe the kids did it as a joke. I am going to ask them all let you know if it happens again.

gig.gif
I read that as one of your girls left an egg on you mailbox...you know they can sometimes lay in the weirdest places.

Since that's NOT what you meant, I wouldn't read too much into it. If they have a problem or concern and they can't tell you directly then that is there problem. Besides, maybe it wasn't meant as anything at all negative. Its amazing how we can automatically assign negative things to such gestures...we all do it, guess we are just overly sensitive about our birds!

Maybe it was the kids - Sounds like something my kids would do. Still kind of weird. I've heard of people finding strange chickens or dogs in their yard , but the first time I ever heard of a egg in a mailbox. LOL

Yes a little odd. HMMM!!!

Once someone left me a new roll of ductape in my mailbox. Never did find out who.

Imp

Back
Top Bottom