Someone please help, Jazz is hurt.

hope the cat's ok.

If she has an open wound, they'll want to flush it out. If you put anything on the wound now, especially something greasy, it may make it hard for them to clean out the wound properly.

Like everyone has said, best to keep her quite and confined until the vet can put her under and get a good look at the problem.

The vet saw Jazz this morning. She agrees with me that it looks like a puncture wound.

She shaved the hair so she could take a better look, smelled it, squeezed it, put the mini flash light in the hole so she could see better (like what they use to examine their ears) moved it a bit and after talking for a little while, sent Jazz and I home with some antibiotics.

They updated her rabies shot and took a stool sample and we scheduled a follow up for next week.

She said she didn't want to close the wound since the infection that is there is draining, but to keep her inside (which I was planning on so no biggie there) and make sure she's eating and taking her meds (I got the liquid stuff thank goodness)

Thank you for all of your input! I was really worried about her, but it seems like she's going to be fine.

DEEP sigh of relief.

Last edited:
A deep sigh of relief from me as well. Glad Jazz is on the mend.

Now we need pictures.

Any idea what punctured Jazz?

Imp

I would be glad to post pictures!...but I don't know how to post pictures from my blackberry. If you can tell my how, I would be happy as can be to post pictures. She really is a beautiful cat.

We think that she got caught up on some old barbed wire that the previous land owners left deep in the woods. We have seen it, picked up most of it, but the rest is so deep in the brambles, we didn't think it was going to be a problem. We'll be outside today getting to it to get it out of there. If she can get to it, something else can too.

I don't know if you can post a pix from a blackberry. I've only done it from my PC. If you want to send it to my email I'll post it for you.

Imp-has a soft spot in his heart for cats

Send the picture to your email from you phone if you can and then download to your computer, then I use photobucket to upload photos....it will give you a direct link to post for that image...copy and paste it in your post.

Back
Top Bottom