Someone PLEASE HELP

That Quail Lady

In the Brooder
Jul 8, 2016
Houston
I know that most disease work the same in all poultrty so anyone that can help please do so.The chicks feet are swollen black and were bleeding.

And the hen has one eye swollen shut and has blood and weird liquids oozing out of the back of her head. The whole head is twice its normal size it almost looks as if her head was set on fire.

It looks like then hen may have some sort of infected injury?
Was she attacked by anything?

The chick's foot looks like it could be injury related as well.

Can you take them to a vet?

Well I know that quail chicks can be a little aggressive or canabilistic. But the adult quail are usually easy going and mind to they're selves I've never seen them attack her. And I tried going to a vet but they were asking for almost 200 just because quails are considered exotic ,I bet they just havnt had any experience with quails.

Do you think I should get her put down?

Well I know that quail chicks can be a little aggressive or canabilistic. But the adult quail are usually easy going and mind to they're selves I've never seen them attack her. And I tried going to a vet but they were asking for almost 200 just because quails are considered exotic ,I bet they just havnt had any experience with quails.

Do you think I should get her put down?

If she is eating and drinking, I would just separate her so I could observe her for a couple of days.
Apply some vetericyn or plain neosporin to her wound, the swelling could be from being plucked/scalped and hopefully will go down. Watch for smelly oozing or pus from the wound.
The chicks toe looks like it may have gotten caught or bent? Its hard to tell in the photo. If its bent you may want to loosely wrap the toe to help straighten it - see links below.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/leg-foot-and-toe-issues-in-poultry-of-all-ages
https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/poultry-podiatry

Back
Top Bottom